Pugio Bruti xxvi

john abshire

• Patronus

Terentia quoque ad aliam urbem ire volebat. Cogitabat secum: Athenas, Alexandriam, Lutetiam, ante omnia Londinium ire volo, ibi enim homines non scelesti sed boni sunt, et barbam habent. Id pater olim dixit. Pater numquam errat.
Barbae Terentiae placebant.

Terentia also wanted to go to another town. She pondered with herself: I want to go to Athens, Alexandria, Paris, and London before all, for there the men are not criminal but they were good and they have beards. My father once said this. My father is never wrong.
Beards were pleasing to Terentia.
??
Edits

Last edited:

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Sunt and habent are present tense. You also forgot to translate ire and ibi, and "I want" would be better placed at the beginning of the sentence. The rest is good.

john abshire

• Patronus

Sunt and habent are present tense. You also forgot to translate ire and ibi, and "I want" would be better placed at the beginning of the sentence. The rest is good.
Do you mean “I want” should be as edited now, or “I want to go to” is placed before Athens? It does matter if you take the verb from the phrase.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I meant to say that "I want" would be better placed at the beginning of the sentence, so indeed before "Athens": "I want to go to Athens, Alexandria, Paris..."