Tattoo querensque

josee10

Hi guys, i'm jose from Argentina. I'm getting a tattoo soon. The phrase I want is "live without regrets". Looking for the translation I found "vivere sine querensque". I want to know if the word querensque is ok and the possible meaning.
I want to be sure if the word or phrase im putting on my body is right and has the correct meaning.
i'm sorry about my english, i hope you can help me.
Reading other posts on this page i found out that another chance for the phrase i want would be "vivere sine Paenitentia".

hope you can help me, thanks.

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

sine querensque is gibberish, unfortunately. Completely disregard whatever source you found it from.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Vive nec quicquam te paeniteat would be "live and don't regret anything".

josee10

What is the translation for:
vivere sine desiderio
sine ullo vivere desideri
vivere sine paenitentia
Sine ulla vive paenitentia Sine ullo vive desiderio
?

Aren't all they more or less the same?

I'll appreciate your help :)

Laurentius

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

First 3 sentences have "vivere" which means "to live" and not the imperative "live". I like Pacis suggestion more, though.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Vivere sine ullo desiderio means "to live without longing/regret/want"; "regret" in the sense of regret for something/someone you've lost, like a dead person for example.

Sine ullo vive desiderio = "live without any longing/regret/want".

Sine ullo vivere desideri is wrong.

Vivere sine paenitentia translates literally to "to live without regret", in the sense of regret for something you've done; but I'm honestly not sure it makes for very natural Latin.

Sine ulla vive paenitentia = "live without any regret", but I have the same doubts here.

josee10

so Vivere sine paenitentia would be okey and would be the best choice?
thanks 4 your help

josee10

From a strictly grammatical point of view, it's ok, but I didn't quite say that it was the best choice:
what do you think would be the best choice? The word paenitentia has the meaning that i want.
I also found vivere sine paenitentiis, what does it mean?
I think Vivere sine paenitentia is going to be on my arm very soon :D

josee10

what do you think would be the best choice? The word paenitentia has the meaning that i want.
I also found vivere sine paenitentiis, what does it mean?
I think Vivere sine paenitentia is going to be on my arm very soon :D

scrabulista

Consul

• Consul

paenitentiis would be plural (as an object of the preposition sine), and paenitentia is singular.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

paenitentiis would be plural (as an object of the preposition sine), and paenitentia is singular.
I think the plural would be very awkward. As far as I know it doesn't work exactly like the English "regret" which often becomes "regrets".