Quid sum? (What am I?) Latin writing game

Gregorius Textor

Animal rationale

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

May I cut in, since it's been a few weeks since the last one was answered and no one has provided a new description?

Testam habeo, sed aquam non amo, aquā non incolo. Me scutis formant milites. Quid sum?

Gregorius Textor

Animal rationale

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

E quadrata basi (abl. sing.) = out of squared base?
quattuor triangulis lateribus (abl. plural) = four triangle sides?
surgo = I arise.
"Base" in the geometrical sense, like base of a triangle?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Pyramids usually have a square base, though, thinking about it, I suppose it's possible for the base to be rectangular.

Gregorius Textor

Animal rationale

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Wow, that was tricky because at first it seemed to me that quadrata was squares (nom. or acc. pl.) and basi was basis (dative singular). And I was trying to think of some geometrical construction involving something springing up from the squared bases of four triangles. Anyway, I appreciate the mental stretch!

Now, as it's my turn to propose a new description, which I did not expect, I'll need to think for some minutes.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Any pyramid base that is a square is a rectangular base.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Wow, that was tricky because at first it seemed to me that quadrata was squares (nom. or acc. pl.)
That's not possible (in good Latin at least) after e(x), which takes the ablative.
Now, as it's my turn to propose a new description, which I did not expect, I'll need to think for some minutes.
It can be hard to come up with an idea, can't it?
Any pyramid base that is a square is a rectangular base.
You mean that the sides of the base are unlikely to be exactly equal to the millimeter? Well, that's true.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen one with more than four sides. Surely, the four-sided sort is the most common at least.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

You mean that the sides of the base are unlikely to be exactly equal to the millimeter? Well, that's true.
I just mean all squares are rectangles.