Reason not feelings

Ondřej Svoboda

Hello, I real fell in love with latin but sadly I just can't get a hold of language if I don't use it on daily basis, so I would like to ask somebody more talented than I am to help me with this.
I have been having small debates recently and it would really help me look cool if I knew how to say this in latin :D (maybe even put it on t-shirt...)

Reason not feelings

or emotions...

whichever one feels better...

Thanks,
Ondra

B

Bitmap

affectus is right ... but it might be slightly clearer to others if you wrote affectiones I think... or if you write affectus with a length on the u: affectūs.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I know affectus can be interpreted as singular as well as plural, but I don't actually think plural vs. singular makes much of a difference to the idea here anyway.

B

Bitmap

It could also be interpreted as "someone tried to use the adjective affectus, -a, -um and failed to make it agree with ratio" :p

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It could also be interpreted as "someone tried to use the adjective affectus, -a, -um and failed to make it agree with ratio" :p
Well, yeah, someone not good enough at Latin could interpret it like that. I don't think that's the sort of thing I need to worry about. Otherwise I'd be doomed to write textbook Latin all the time.