Regarding speaking Latin on skype

Pablo222

I have been recently going into the Latin skype room recommended in this forum to chat and type in Latin. Do you periti think this could help someone better speak in conversational Latin. (I suppose it would, but just wanted to see what the the experts thought here.)

By the way, it would be really awesome if there were a Latin chatroom in this Latin Discussion Forum...Just saying... :)

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I have been recently going into the Latin skype room recommended in this forum to chat and type in Latin. Do you periti think this could help someone better speak in conversational Latin. (I suppose it would, but just wanted to see what the the experts thought here.)
Maybe it could, but in my opinion you shouldn't take that as your principal/only means of improvement in Latin. It won't work on its own. The golden key to get a good grasp of the language (even if not necessarily "colloquially") is, I think, reading authentic Latin. I develop my thought more in this thread, if you're interested.
By the way, it would be really awesome if there were a Latin chatroom in this Latin Discussion Forum...Just saying... :)
We have no chatroom properly speaking, but we have a subforum especially meant for (written) discussions in Latin. We're in it right now, in fact, but since you posted in English, I reply in English.