Civis Illustris
Enya – Watermark

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Bach – Prelude 1 in C Major BWV 846

Tironis

Civis Illustris
Bach – Prelude 1 in C Major BWV 846

That's the first piece I always play by way of warm-up when starting my practice sessions.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
My favourite Chopin's Nocturne - Nocturne Op. 9: No. 1 in B flat major. Larghetto

Tironis

Civis Illustris
My favourite Chopin's Nocturne - Nocturne Op. 9: No. 1 in B flat major. Larghetto

Beautifully played by the talented French pianist Brigitte Engerer (1952-2012)

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Yiruma - Kiss the Rain

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Beautifully played by the talented French pianist Brigitte Engerer (1952-2012)
I actually had her Complete Nocturnes 2CD album. It's sad that such talented pianist is no longer with us.

Here's one of Bagatelles I like

Tironis

Civis Illustris
Here's another bird

Tironis

Civis Illustris

Adrian

Civis Illustris

Tironis

Civis Illustris

Adrian

Civis Illustris
A vintage Model A Steinway by the looks of it - but beautifully restored! - Turkish March - relaxing? :puzzled:
Relaxing piano music doesn't always have to be soothing vibes of Debussy and Satie.
I find listening to piano bagatelles relaxing:)

Adrian

Civis Illustris

Tironis

Civis Illustris
Relaxing piano music doesn't always have to be soothing vibes of Debussy and Satie.
I find listening to piano bagatelles relaxing:)
Hmm, interesting point. Does Mozart's Turkish March have anything in common with the Beethoven Bagatelles Op. 119 or 126? If the answer is no, one could still argue that a musical bagatelle is a short, light and/or whimsical composition in no specific form. By that definition the Turkish March might qualify, except that it has a specific form, i.e. a Rondo alla Turca. So what's the answer?

Adrian

Civis Illustris
I qualified Alla Turca into the basket of Bagatelles (for the sole aspect of brevity and light/mellow character)
Wikipedia dixit:
A bagatelle is a short piece of music, typically for the piano, and usually of a light, mellow character.
however, you are right in the aspect of proper musical form Alla Turca ist a rondo.

Last edited: