Rest in peace and in paradise we shall be reunited

A

Anonymous

Hi, my gran passed away a few weeks ago and Im building a small private remembrance site for the family to visit. My problem is I want to include a latin prase on the site, the parse im wanting is:
rest in peace and in paradise we shall be reunited

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Re: Translation: rest in peace ...

Assuming the inscription is addressing the deceased, and the 'we' are the survivors, the following may be used: Recquiescas in pace et in paradiso tecum rursus erimus.

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

Note that Rest in Peace is the English translation of Latin Requiescat in pace. The phrase in both languages have the same initialism of RIP.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Depends on whether you're referring to the deceased in second or third person, subjectively or objectively, respectively. :D Since the phrase includes 'we', that makes it more personal to me.

A

Anonymous

hi thanks for the replies, Matthaeus you are correct, rest in peace (ref to my gran), and in paradise we shall be reunited (ref to us passing away one by one and been reunited), us been the family

katespoons

Hi. I'm looking for a similar translation. I would like the phrase to refer specifically to two males who have passed away. I wonder if anyone can tell me if the above "Recquiescas in pace et in paradiso tecum rursus erimus." phrase does that or whether there is a subtle change I should make?

Also, I'd be interested if anyone has any suggestions with which I could replace paradise? (if possible related to over the rainbow or rainbow bridge, but any ideas would be gratefully received)

Thanks in advance.x

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

If it refers to two people, it should be:
Requiescatis in pace et in paradiso vobiscum rursus erimus.

katespoons

Thanks Dantius.

Can anyone check the below? I've made a couple of changes.

Recuiescatis in pace. In eritque arcus vobiscum rursus erit.

I hope it translates to...
Rest in peace (directed at 2 males) beyond the rainbow we (them and I) will be reunited, or something similar. Although I'm concerned that the meaning is a little off now!

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

Requiescatis in pace: rest in peace. That's correct
Ultra arcum (pluvium — this word is optional) vobiscum rursus ero. : Beyond the rainbow I will be with you (pl.) again.

"arcus pluvius" means rainbow (literally "rainy bow"), but you don't need the "pluvius".

katespoons

Firstly, thank you, I really appreciate the help as this is very important to me. It's a memorial so I want to be 100% sure that I have exactly the right phrase. as once it's done I won't be able to change it.

I'm not sure about the word ultra in the phrase above . (Requiescatis in pace. Ultra arcum vobiscum rursus ero) It feels like it could be more poetic. I know I seem fussy but as I said it's very important to me.

I have also been considering something along these lines... semper mecum rursus nostrum conventum.

Please forgive my terrible latin skills (I am trying!) Assuming that this does mean "always with me (2males) until we meet again" I realise this is a bit 'double dutch' but liked the poetic meaning of carrying someone in your heart and thoughts etc until you are reunited.

Thanks again in advance.