Rough draft of Book I translated into the literal and the figurative and available online

bathtime

Not sure whether this was mentioned already, but it would also be ideal and cool if all U's in the Latin text were changed to V's.
I think that would be nice too. Infact, I would prefer it myself. I could do all Latin u's as v's for the main Latin text or for all text. I am looking for someone else to give a consensus and I'll make the change. The issue is that it cannot be changed back once it is done (not without TONS of work). This comment did remind me of the Oxford Latin Dictionary, which had done similiar, and I liked it.

As well, I was considering making all beginning sentence caps (with exception to proper names and places) as lower case or just keeping all as caps, but obviously we cannot have both so a decision has to be made. What do you guys think 1, 2, or 3?

Proposal:
  1. Latin text as caps.
  2. Latin text, including first words (with exception to proper names and places) lower case.
  3. Regular, with sentences starting with caps, and proper names/places caps, and all other lower case as per normal.
And shoud it be all Latin text (including the breakdown footnoted Latin text), or just the main Latin text (e.g., the Latin text without footnotes)?

Also, I had taken all the macrons off the main Latin text and just kept them for the broken down sections. Gives the reader a little more of a challenge, yet allows them to check below if they were right. After all, we don't use macrons in English. And IMO they take away from the beauty of the original text.

bathtime

Perhaps after each chapter/chunk you could have a page with just the Latin text and a fuller accompanying translation so that readers can easily re-read it as a unit for comprehension of the narrative.
I added a figurative English translation at the end of all sentences which will render the complete sentence (but not the entire chapter), and it is styled in dark gold. The text is still same page though. As soon as I remembered to change that, it was too late as I already submitted it to archive.org.

Not sure whether this was mentioned already, but it would also be ideal and cool if all U's in the Latin text were changed to V's.
Added it. Added dictionary at the back as well.

https://archive.org/details/DeBelloGallico

Also, I will change the title word verbum to verbo after the book populates; archive.org does not allow changes whilst a file is uploading.

lamb67

Chapter 42 A asks for a conference n stipulates conditions which C grants note quod...postulasset is subj. rather than indic. So your note seems not right there​

lamb67

Chapter 28 these are retaken and put to death .The remainder are compelled to return to Helvitia page CCXCV note IV dat. with special v Imperavit ? The verb is essent.

bathtime

Chapter 42 A asks for a conference n stipulates conditions which C grants note quod...postulasset is subj. rather than indic. So your note seems not right there..
Indeed, the note does not go with that part. Fixed. Thank you!

Chapter 36 part 3 XXXVI.III you missed an X. A responds defiantly.
I could not find this both on the website or in my file, but perhaps I had fixed it before? Maybe you were looking at an older version? I can remember making such type of fix a while ago, though I don't remember the exact chapter.

This is the book I am referring to (there are a few others online that were made by me):

https://archive.org/details/DeBelloGallico

lamb67

Chapter 32 XXXII.V (the bearing and condition of the Sequani) in blue colour:
because of this thing, there was a more miserable and a more grave...
esse is a copula whose subject is fortunam. It is not a verb of complete predication.