Schutzstaffel - Protection Squadron

Afternoon all,

I'm writing a story which is based in a post-apocalyptic world and part of it will include descendants of Heinrich Himmler and the SS (cheery subject, I know...). Time has passed and memory faded, language moved on etc, and 200+ years after WWII, the name has probably shifted.

Is there a translation/alternative in Latin that would sound good? The way language is going in the tale there will be a bit of backsliding to Latin, so I'd like to at least start with a decent Latin phrase, before I consider butchering it with some Anglo/Germanic adjustments - might not adjust it if the pure Latin translation sounds scary/interesting enough :)

Any and all help greatly appreciated!
NC

scrabulista

Consul

• Consul

I thought S.S. was "Black Shirts" (Schwarz-wald = "Black-Forest") and S.A. was "Brown Shirts?"
Maybe that was an unofficial name and "Protection Squadron" was the official one?

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

SS=Schutzstaffel, SA=Sturmabteilung. The shirts are neither here nor there.

Not sure on the literal translation of The SS. Wikipedia has it as Protection Squadron. Other sites say Protection/Protective Echelons. Not sure which one is more correct...

Bestiola, is that a direct translation of Protection Squadron?

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

Bestiola, is that a direct translation of Protection Squadron?
I would prefer using "praesidiaria" rather than "praesidialis" (according to my dictionary, "praesidialis" means "of or belonging to the governor of a province, gubernatorial", whereas "praesidiaria" means "that serves for defence or protection").