Scrabbz?

Is any of you on the scrabble app online via fartbook or email? Or if there are old scrabberz or new budding scrabberz unaware of its existence you should try it and we'll have a game. PM me if you like once you're set up.

My stats can be viewed and make for grim reading as I've hardly lost but this is more due to my scoring squares awareness than my vocabulary.

Hemo Rusticus

Lounge Lizard
This laptop is my only device, but if I can play using it, I'd be happy to have a go. But it sounds like I would be a bore against the likes of you. Never been very capable at Der Skrabbelsgeboardengamen.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Same as Hemo.

Screenshot_20200619-095918.png

It's called Scrabble Go and your stats are updated. If any of you two join, PM me and I will send my id to connect.

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek with my stats but I am chuffed with them, though I do half expect grammarians to wallop me tbh.

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
I do half expect grammarians to wallop me tbh.
Maybe and maybe not. I once witnessed a botany prof wipe the floor with a professional lexicographer. An awful lot of this is experience and tactics.

Maybe and maybe not. I once witnessed a botany prof wipe the floor with a professional lexicographer. An awful lot of this is experience and tactics.
I agree. And things falling into place too, which they have done for me on the boards. Tbh I have seen some real heavyweight stats on there but not had a game with the big guns yet. No doubt I'll get walloped.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I've tried for a bit, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to install it on my PC.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I've found this site, though, where you can apparently play scrabble against other people as well.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I haven't tried playing on it yet, but I was able to create an account at least.

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
Lexulous is, technically, not Scrabble: a court case made them fiddle with the letter scores to make it more distinctive, & you have 8 letters instead of 7, which does rather make a difference.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Ah.

Screenshot_20200620-210454.png

A low scoring board and a hard slog but to the wire and now out of my hands. All he needs is to clear his final two letters and pick up the points from my two letters. Now to Apollo I look.

This lad is very good and bests me in stats but the thing is, all my challenges are played minus boosters, i.e., classic scrabble only, and I think it gives me an edge on some players with better stats once they realize they can't use those awful boosters.

Screenshot_20200620-212659.png

I shan't bang on but the stats are fantastic here with a fair bit of data to monitor one's performance. I'm now in the top 5% on points per average game but for how long. I think I'm currently 38 wins to 5 losses. I hope someone here joins. Phone play only, I think.

Screenshot_20200625-164522.png

Lost a game of late to a Greek engineer who is the absolute scrabble bollocks, excuse my French. Playing him again Saturday night and can't wait.

Scrabble tips: tile placement.

If you have some high scoring tiles, use your prior go to set up a heavy blow on your next go. Example, you have a Q and two I's. Well use an I in your initial go and place it next to a TW space. Then unless your opponent blocks you, you are hitting the 40s at least, in your next go.

There's cheats on there and I'm getting a little sick of it now. I even had one openly refer to 'help' after hitting me with two rack clearances on the bounce in first two rounds. Also noticed on some games wherein I lose, it happens on the last go, as in of a sudden at the point of having last 7 tiles they clear! Or another is their stats; 67 played, 67 won and about 200 seven letter clearances.

It puts me off.

Last edited: