Scrabbz?

Two 7 letter death blows in first two rounds? I've protected his identity but it's such a gutter. I retired from this game as I couldn't carry on with him.

Edit: pic deleted as it shows his name and face.

Last edited:

Hemo Rusticus

Lounge Lizard
I see the bastard at the top, there. To arms, lads! The game is up! Blood on the wind!

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
I play Lexulous on my phone, against the phone, mainly because the other Scrabble and near-Scrabble apps were less satisfactory for various reasons to the various Scrabble. It's possible to be matched with others online. I've tried this a couple of times, because obviously it's more fun playing real people. But I didn't really enjoy it; people would take ages to take their turn, and as you didn't know them there was no way of knowing whether their average thinking time was 20 seconds or 20 hours. They could, of course, have been cheating, because it would have been absurdly easy to do so (and still make a word in well under a minute), which made it even less enjoyable. Playing the computer is frustrating when you lose and not very satisfactory when you win, but it's good training, I suppose.

Other than a few I know are not cheating I won't bother playing humans again, no point. I suppose the way to overcome cheating is by playing a live game with someone wherein a dictionary only sees the light of day in a challenge scenario.

I've also had someone in chat ask if I minded them using a dictionary, I kid you not. Well at least she asked.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I play Lexulous on my phone, against the phone, mainly because the other Scrabble and near-Scrabble apps were less satisfactory for various reasons to the various Scrabble. It's possible to be matched with others online. I've tried this a couple of times, because obviously it's more fun playing real people. But I didn't really enjoy it; people would take ages to take their turn, and as you didn't know them there was no way of knowing whether their average thinking time was 20 seconds or 20 hours. They could, of course, have been cheating, because it would have been absurdly easy to do so (and still make a word in well under a minute), which made it even less enjoyable. Playing the computer is frustrating when you lose and not very satisfactory when you win, but it's good training, I suppose.
Maybe we could play together some day.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
A friend of mine once gave me a Latin version of Scrabble as a present, but I never played it.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I guess you've got no one to play it with. :(

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Hmm ... that might be a reason, yes :D

Most German Latinists come from a family of Latinists, but I don't.