Searching the name of a book

zai22mai22

Hey there, I need help with a book title. A few years ago I stumbled upon a book in Latin which had a name that meant something close to ''random'' ''miscellaneous'' and from what I've read about the book it was about different subjects with no direct relation between them. For example it described monsters in a chapter and the other was about something trivial. I don't remember if the book have any author or it was written by a monk or philosopher. I think it was written somewhere like 400-800 CE. The title was a made-up word which entered the lexicon afterwards if I remember correctly. Sorry for my English and for the messy expression. Thank you!

scrabulista

Consul

• Consul

I don't know what all was in it, but there was Pico della Mirandola's De Re Scibili.

syntaxianus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

You might research the adversaria or commonplace genre or the speculum literature. There are many works that have miscellaneous contents or encyclopedic qualities: Aulus Gellius, Noctes Atticae; Macrobius, Saturnalia; Ben Jonson, Timber; Clement of Alexandria, Stromateis; Statius, Sylvae; Athenaeus, Deipnosophistae.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Etymologiae, Isidore of Seville.