Several Latin Texts

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

My translation would be something like:
In the shrine of Jupiter, a servant of his was the woodcutter. He was to give cities and individuals wood.

It would stop there, as I really don't know too much Greek.

Issacus Divus, you are divine!

Your translation fits perfectly with the context. Thank you.
Issacus didn't provide any translation. Only passages from your English text that the Latin-Greek note refers to.
I am divine. I'm just one of those crappy lower gods.

B

Bitmap

OK, not exactly a breeze for me either, since I hardly know any Greek and the typos in the text don't help, but here goes; I think it's something along these lines:

In the shrine of Jupiter Olympian [at or among a name of city or people that I can't find anywhere], one of his servants was called Xyleus ("the woodcutter"). His job was to provide both cities and private individuals with wood for the sacrifices in exchange for a fee*.

*I am very unsure of this; I don't quite know what to do with λημματος, or τεταγμενό for that matter.

I think the Greek is misspelt.
If you google the phrase, you find this.

Which would give you
έϱγον δ'αυτώ πϱοϰειται τα ές τας ϑυσιας ξυλα τεταγμέnου λέμματος ϰαι πολεσι παϱεχειν ϰαι άνδϱι ίδιώτ.

I suppose λῆμμα would make more sense than λέμμα, though.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

If τεταγμενό (which isn't any form I know of) were a typo for
τεταγμενου, I suppose it could simply be "for a certain/fixed price".

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I think the Greek is misspelt.
If you google the phrase, you find this.

Which would give you
έϱγον δ'αυτώ πϱοϰειται τα ές τας ϑυσιας ξυλα τεταγμέnου λέμματος ϰαι πολεσι παϱεχειν ϰαι άνδϱι ίδιώτ.

I suppose λῆμμα would make more sense than λέμμα, though.
Ah, thanks. You ninja'd me. Your findings seem to confirm my theory.

B

Bitmap

I suppose τεταγμέnου λήμματος could just be taken as a genitive absolute, which would give you Pacifica's translation.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

OK, so it seems to be all cleared up:

In the shrine of Jupiter Olympian among the Eleans, one of his servants was called xyleus ("the woodcutter"). His job was to provide both cities and private individuals with wood for the sacrifices, in exchange for a fixed price.

latinV

Here is the next note, note e):

"Ex S, C. Dendrophori creati qui sunt sub cura XVvir. S. F. cc. vv." [clarissimorum virorum] "Patronus L. Ampius Stefanus Sac. M. Dei. QQ. Dendrophororum dedicatione hujus panem, vinum et sportulas dedit." (Then follow 87 triple names). "Dedicata VII Id. Oct. Mac. et C. Omollo Cofs." (i. c. a. urb. 905.)

B

Bitmap

There are a few abbreviations in there that I can't easily resolve ... I suppose you'd have to check in a library to figure some of them out ... There also seem to be a few spelling mistakes in there (yet again), e.g. 'Cofs' should be 'coss' and 'i. c. a. urb.' is probably 'i.e. a. urb.' ~ 'id est anno urbis'.
Did you just scan this and have it digitalised automatically?

I suppose 'ex S. C.' is 'ex senatus consulto'
XVvir. S. F. = 'quindecim virorum sacris faciundis'

VII Id. Oct. 905 is 9 October 152 AD.

B

Bitmap

Btw. that footnote does in no way support the claim made in the main text.

B

Bitmap

This book resolves the abbreviations:

ex s(enatus) c(onsulto) dendriphori qui sunt creati sub cura XV vir(orum) s(acris) f(aciundis) c(larissimorum) v(irorum).
patronus L(ucius) Ampius Stefanus sac(erdos) m(atris) d(eum) q(uin)q(uennalis) dendrophororum dedicatione huius panem, vinum et sportulas dedit.

By decree of the senate, the following people have been made dendriphori under the surveillance of the highly honourable XV viri sacris faciudnis (= a college of priests, 'the 15 men responsible for the organisation of religious rites')
The patron Lucius Ampius Stefanus, priest of the mother of gods, quinquennal (= a magistrate who holds the office for 5 years) of the dendrophori, has distributed/given out bread, wine and sportulae (little baskets with presents) for the consecration of this.

Note that the book I mentioned reads 'dedicationi' where your text has 'dedicatione', although in this context both can probably be translated the same way.
The book I mentioned also reads 'matris deum', 'mother of gods', where your text has m(atris) Dei, 'mother of God', which makes no sense here.

The book also gives a different date:
Your text has: "Dedicata VII Id(ibus) Oct(obribus) Mac.(???) et C(aio) Omollo Co(n)s(ulibu)s." (i(d) e(st) a(nno) urb(is) 905.)
I'm not sure what to make of 'Mac.' ... having looked at a few sources*, my best guess would be

"Inscribed on 9 October [in the year] when M(arcus) Ac(ilius) (Glabrio) and Gaius Omollus (Verianus) were consuls" (that is in the year of the city [of Rome] 905) [which is 152 AD]
It's a bit of a wild guess regarding Glabrio (you also find the Glabrio of 152 mentioned with the names Sextus Junius), but it seems to be the only way to make sense of this to me.

Note that the book I linked to above has the year 251 because it reads "III et semel cos."
I'll leave that slight mystery up to you to resolve...

* https://books.google.de/books?id=2vxQAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA106&lpg=PA106&dq=Omollus Verianus&source=bl&ots=-jqT02illX&sig=ACfU3U0euRRcHlnl9Jw0pjidcZ7n4ST_ww&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiSz525odfkAhWN34UKHcLtCtoQ6AEwBnoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=Omollus Verianus&f=false
https://books.google.de/books?id=2vxQAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA106&lpg=PA106&dq=Omollus Verianus&source=bl&ots=-jqT02illX&sig=ACfU3U0euRRcHlnl9Jw0pjidcZ7n4ST_ww&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiSz525odfkAhWN34UKHcLtCtoQ6AEwBnoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=Omollus Verianus&f=false
https://books.google.de/books?id=4oZCAAAAcAAJ&pg=RA8-PA260&dq=caius Omollus&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDidyModfkAhWsxaYKHQNpDAAQ6AEIQzAD#v=onepage&q=caius Omollus&f=false

latinV

This book resolves the abbreviations:

ex s(enatus) c(onsulto) dendriphori qui sunt creati sub cura XV vir(orum) s(acris) f(aciundis) c(larissimorum) v(irorum).
patronus L(ucius) Ampius Stefanus sac(erdos) m(atris) d(eum) q(uin)q(uennalis) dendrophororum dedicatione huius panem, vinum et sportulas dedit.

By decree of the senate, the following people have been made dendriphori under the surveillance of the highly honourable XV viri sacris faciudnis (= a college of priests, 'the 15 men responsible for the organisation of religious rites')
The patron Lucius Ampius Stefanus, priest of the mother of gods, quinquennal (= a magistrate who holds the office for 5 years) of the dendrophori, has distributed/given out bread, wine and sportulae (little baskets with presents) for the consecration of this.

Note that the book I mentioned reads 'dedicationi' where your text has 'dedicatione', although in this context both can probably be translated the same way.
The book I mentioned also reads 'matris deum', 'mother of gods', where your text has m(atris) Dei, 'mother of God', which makes no sense here.

The book also gives a different date:
Your text has: "Dedicata VII Id(ibus) Oct(obribus) Mac.(???) et C(aio) Omollo Co(n)s(ulibu)s." (i(d) e(st) a(nno) urb(is) 905.)
I'm not sure what to make of 'Mac.' ... having looked at a few sources*, my best guess would be

"Inscribed on 9 October [in the year] when M(arcus) Ac(ilius) (Glabrio) and Gaius Omollus (Verianus) were consuls" (that is in the year of the city [of Rome] 905) [which is 152 AD]
It's a bit of a wild guess regarding Glabrio (you also find the Glabrio of 152 mentioned with the names Sextus Junius), but it seems to be the only way to make sense of this to me.

Note that the book I linked to above has the year 251 because it reads "III et semel cos."
I'll leave that slight mystery up to you to resolve...

* https://books.google.de/books?id=2vxQAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA106&lpg=PA106&dq=Omollus Verianus&source=bl&ots=-jqT02illX&sig=ACfU3U0euRRcHlnl9Jw0pjidcZ7n4ST_ww&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiSz525odfkAhWN34UKHcLtCtoQ6AEwBnoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=Omollus Verianus&f=false
https://books.google.de/books?id=2vxQAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA106&lpg=PA106&dq=Omollus Verianus&source=bl&ots=-jqT02illX&sig=ACfU3U0euRRcHlnl9Jw0pjidcZ7n4ST_ww&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiSz525odfkAhWN34UKHcLtCtoQ6AEwBnoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=Omollus Verianus&f=false
https://books.google.de/books?id=4oZCAAAAcAAJ&pg=RA8-PA260&dq=caius Omollus&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDidyModfkAhWsxaYKHQNpDAAQ6AEIQzAD#v=onepage&q=caius Omollus&f=false

B

Bitmap

Yes, that's what I wrote. You seem to have taken clarissimorum virorum with patronus, which is maybe a bit more logical ... but it should still be translated as a plural genitive: 'the patron of the most honourable men'

latinV

Yes, that's what I wrote. You seem to have taken clarissimorum virorum with patronus, which is maybe a bit more logical ... but it should still be translated as a plural genitive: 'the patron of the most honourable men'
I am sorry to disturb you, Civis Illustris. I have posted a reply (a new Latin Quotatation) but I don't see it in the tread... What am I doing wrong?

B

Bitmap

I don't know, but I'm afraid you need to write your message again.