SI CECIDERO SVRGAM ET CONATVS REDINTEGRABO

James Henson

Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong section, I have been looking for resources to help me help myself with a latin phrase which landed me here. The above referenced phrase is what I want to understand, and yes, am contemplating having permanently and indellibly placed on my human form. Any input is sincerely appreciated.

Again, I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. Noobie.....

Laurentius

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Looks like:

If I fall, I will rise and make new attempts.

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

Moved to Latin to English.

James Henson

Are there any other opinions on my quote? The goal of the phrase is to state that I know I will fall, but I will get up, and start again. I thought that simpler would be better, like "I fall, I rise, I begin again".

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Are there any other opinions on my quote? The goal of the phrase is to state that I know I will fall, but I will get up, and start again. I thought that simpler would be better, like "I fall, I rise, I begin again".
I don't quite follow. Are you saying you doubt the accuracy of the translation Laurentius has given you?

James Henson

Nope, not at all. I am just trying to make sure what I am wanting to say is indeed what I am saying. I assume that classical latin may not be able to convey the precise phrase 'begin again' which is why the use of make new attempts is appropriate.

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Nope, not at all. I am just trying to make sure what I am wanting to say is indeed what I am saying.
Please be explicit. Do you want us to tell you what the Latin SI CECIDERO SVRGAM ET CONATVS REDINTEGRABO means (we've done that; Laurentius' translation is fine) or do you want us to give suggestions as to how to translate "I fall, I rise, I begin again" into Latin?

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

I fall, I rise, I begin again.
Your intentions weren't clear in the beginning, then. In that case, the translation is different. One possibility could be: Cado, surgo, iterum conor - I fall, I rise, I try again.

Laurentius

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Fallor would rather mean that he is mistaken perhaps.

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Oh yes, I'll edit.

James Henson

This is great, thank you all so much for your help. I have been attempting this on my own. The online translator engines do not seem very reliable, and then I found this group. Thank you so much.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

For "I begin again" instead of "I try again" you could say rursum incipio.

Also perhaps resurgo would be fitting instead of surgo.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

But did the OP intend "rise again"?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

My reasoning is that when you were up, then fall and rise it's usually what happens - you go back to your previous "up" state, rise again.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

So "rise" would be only for cases when the subject was lying all the time.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Not really, that would be impossible for many subjects :D, but when someone/something was up just before and returns to that state resurgere looks logical to me. In any case in French we would usually say of someone who has fallen that he "se relève" rather than "lève", but perhaps in Latin surgere can work too, I don't know.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Zombies weren't lying all the time.