Status Thread

Terry S.

scurra
Staff member
Like cream, you're rising!

Terry S.

scurra
Staff member
Not a bit of it. Batter on till you're a manager and can retire early on a good pension.

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
Got an interview tomorrow morning at a cafe I've always liked. Lookin' to get more a' that expresso in my blood, as the kids say.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Is it just a regional thing or will it be aired on national TV?

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I assumed the same. But perhaps Bitmap was joking. It's sometimes hard to tell.

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ
He was joking. I would've never thought of the possibilities of him not joking if you hadn't said anything about them.

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
Hawkwood dixit:
Are you still studying too?
No, not formally anyway.
Bitmap dixit:
Is it just a regional thing or will it be aired on national TV?
All public-access.

Thinking about what I'm going to do come Friday night. I might buy a large pack of salted peanuts and some ice cream then slob out on the sofa. But now, bed. Goodnight, Google.

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
Finally gave in and turned on the heat downstairs in my room. Cripes, last night was a shudderer. Specially by these goddamn windows: what has natural light ever done for me? Hurts me bloody eyes, it does.
:swearing:

Terry S.

scurra
Staff member
I have an east wind blowing in my front door right now and the house is very, very cold. It's not hitting zero because I'm beside the sea, but the wind chill sucks the heat right out of the place. And the (only) guy who delivers heating oil out this way is on holiday...O me miserum...

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
Good grief, man! Compared with you, I'm living la dolce vita.

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ
Hit beþ colde, ay.

I have an east wind blowing in my front door right now and the house is very, very cold. It's not hitting zero because I'm beside the sea, but the wind chill sucks the heat right out of the place. And the (only) guy who delivers heating oil out this way is on holiday...O me miserum...
Central heating?

I should say we went without hot water and central heating for years. The shower was the only source of hot water up until a couple of years ago.

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
Eyelids carrying the weight of the cosmos. Time to crawl to the comfy pit and splodge out.
"Dooby-doob. A bit tired, maybe. Best not t'say moe. Bedways is rightways now, so best we go 'omeways, 'n get a bit of spatchka. Right-right?"