Status Thread

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
Better start saving for Christmas and birthdays.

I have my first ever league match at 7.30pm and I've been practising my forehand in the kitchen. It'd be nice to start the campaign off with a win. Libations given to Apollo, let's go!

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
Winter is here.

Once it quietens down I'm going to swing by Tesco 24hr to stuff my face. Fancying a pork pie, a cheese sarnie and something sweet, perhaps chocolate peanuts.

Three league matches in and three loses. I haven't even bagged a set yet. It's quite disappointing especially when I seem to be a better player than the three I've faced, from a technique and power perspective. I'm just too aggressive and pay the price for it with unforced errors.

I won't change my style though for attack is the foundational principle to my game. I'd sooner go down in flames trying to leather the life out of the ball than cowardly knocking it back so as to allow my opponent to occupy the initiative.

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
I'm not particularly strong, or fast, but the thing I loved about squash was that it was possible to win games without these qualities, at least amongst the crap players, of which there were plenty. This contrasts with tennis or badminton, say. It's particularly enjoyable watching your opponent crash into walls, for example.

What a mild and lazy day it is. A type of day that if you were to call it boring or lacklustre, it would merely reply by shrugging its creamy hue with an air of nonchalant indifference.

Araneus

Umbraticus Lector
It rained so heavily when I walked home today, I got seriously creeped out. It felt like hail. My raincoat got soaked all the way through, which is supposed not to happen. It's expensive for crissake. There will be floods all over the area. Glad my house is on the top of a hill - which happens to be named after the terrible winds that regularly show up... Might be a long night.

Araneus

Umbraticus Lector
'Ruskebakkan'. It's local dialect. Could perhaps be translated as "The rainstorm hills", though it doesn't sound that dramatic in Norwegian.

Do you have mountain bike trails where you are? Not sure where you are but I know there's a good few mountains in Norway.

Araneus

Umbraticus Lector
No... not very close to here, as far as I know. But there's a rally-racetrack for cars in a hillside right around the corner. They made that around two years ago I think. Lots of people, lots of noise every other saturday.

I feel like a rock star today, unsigned and minus a fan base yet a rock star nonetheless. Yes, today has been a good day. I supped well his solar chroma.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
I'll loan you my dog for a week. You're never short of shit when she's about.