Status Thread

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
We say it in the singular.

Went over the front of my handlebars today in park and scraped my back, left knee (now swollen a bit) and face. Not arsed about it really, it was mainly a cockpit error as I was trying to brake while adjusting fork shocks at speed. Will not make that mistake again.

But I am pissed off at losing my front light and the rear brake disc being a bit knackard. Never realized until ride home it was missing and I think at the time it was mainly due to the embarrassment and the discomfort of impact that I never realized.

400 lumens, a bloody good light tbh.

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
No joy in that at all. At least it didn't end up in a trip to casualty.

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
Phew! Not good. Reminds me of Rembrandt's Prodigal Son.

This was knee after but it's got a little bigger now. I seem to be swelling all the time of late. Just a little bruised I suppose.

Edit: removed pic.

Last edited:

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
View attachment 10464

This was knee after but it's got a little bigger now. I seem to be swelling all the time of late. Just a little bruised I suppose.
Maybe. I suppose you'll have a better idea in the morning. Hope you gave it a good dousing with TCP or similar.

Th
Maybe. I suppose you'll have a better idea in the morning. Hope you gave it a good dousing with TCP or similar.
Well I'm hoping I can walk tomorrow and will settle on a hobble. Not sure why I take pics of my injuries, I do it to monitor it in case it's a problem.

Tell you something, that infected blister took my hand out the game for a week. Always clean out grazes and blisters, eh.

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
Defo. We shouldn't take antibiotics for granted.

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
Pics of injuries are good to see whether they're waxing or waning. Likewise long-term spots and moles. Hope you're back on the bike soon.

Hemo Rusticus

Lounge Lizard
Went over the front of my handlebars today in park and scraped my back, left knee (now swollen a bit) and face. Not arsed about it really, it was mainly a cockpit error as I was trying to brake while adjusting fork shocks at speed. Will not make that mistake again.

But I am pissed off at losing my front light and the rear brake disc being a bit knackard. Never realized until ride home it was missing and I think at the time it was mainly due to the embarrassment and the discomfort of impact that I never realized.

400 lumens, a bloody good light tbh.
Crikey, man. There's a lesson in there for yours truly, who doesn't own a helmet, rides in the city where people take naps behind the wheel, & is wont to ride without touching the handlebars (which as a real fucking treat for the perineum, take my word).

Although, on my bike I am always exceedingly vigilant, and that's no jive.

Hemo Rusticus

Lounge Lizard
No, but I reckon it's time I gave her one. What do you say to Lenore? as in:

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore."

Hemo Rusticus

Lounge Lizard
:hat:

Too long and for too many are my breaks this morning and afternoon from painting. The pace when working at home is well nice.

Today sees the start of my new job. It's not the one I applied for and posted about on here but another; a handyman and cleaner for 18 homeless shelters. It's 35 hours a week leaving me with a considerable amount of time midweek to have a life (I've already rejoined tennis) plus the weekends which are all mine.