Strange Things that happen here

Cinefactus

Censor
Staff member
I have never been notified.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
I have looked at my preferences again and all my alerts are turned on.

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
I am trying to post a full image of this picture, but the site will only allow a thumbnail. The file is not particularly large, and I have no problems with other pictures. Any ideas what's going on?

advert.jpg

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
I got that once a few days ago. With my dodgy internet connection, I just accept that anything can happen.

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
I have more or less by accident looked at my account details, and saw that it said:

What are your main reasons for registering here? Be specific. IF GIVE A FACILE REASON LIKE "LEARNING" or "TRANSLATION HELP" your application will be denied.

While I applaud the sentiment, I do think the missing pronoun (and comma) should be inserted.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens
Staff member
That's a strange message given that the main purpose of the forum seems to be helping people with translation requests

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I agree it's a bit harsh. The idea is probably to avoid spam.

Cinefactus

Censor
Staff member
What are your main reasons for registering here? Be specific. IF GIVE A FACILE REASON LIKE "LEARNING" or "TRANSLATION HELP" your application will be denied.
If I could find the relevant phrase again I would!

I agree it's a bit harsh. The idea is probably to avoid spam.
Before I put this in, the requests would just say, "Translation", which didn't really distinguish between people and bots.

Cinefactus

Censor
Staff member
Found it :)

What are your main reasons for registering here? Be specific—demonstrate that you are not a bot. IF YOU GIVE A FACILE REASON LIKE "LEARNING" or "TRANSLATION HELP" your application will be denied.