Strange Things that happen here

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I imagine most of us know by now that if you want a word or sentence in your post to appear as a link, you can use the link button above. But I've just accidentally discovered it's quicker to paste the link as a simple link in your post, then highlight it and type the text you want.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

The site went offline for a little while again.

B

Bitmap

Yes. It was down for 2 minutes or so.

An exception occurred: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/latindco/public_html/_latindiscussion.com/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 333

Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 315
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() in XenForo/Application.php at line 567
XenForo_Application->loadDb()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 794
XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 824
XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1117
XenForo_Application::getDb() in XenForo/Error.php at line 47
XenForo_Error::unexpectedException() in XenForo/Application.php at line 309
XenForo_Application::handleException()

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I imagine most of us know by now that if you want a word or sentence in your post to appear as a link, you can use the link button above. But I've just accidentally discovered it's quicker to paste the link as a simple link in your post, then highlight it and type the text you want.
I feel guilty about this post, because it's rubbish, and yet people liked it – the link isn't a link yet. I must have edited a post's existing link in this way. God knows what I was thinking.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Do we always have lazy loads, or are we being told to pull our socks up?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I got this error and then the site went offline for a few minutes.

An exception occurred: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/latindco/public_html/_latindiscussion.com/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 333
  1. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 315
  2. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() in XenForo/Application.php at line 567
  3. XenForo_Application->loadDb()
  4. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 794
  5. XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 824
  6. XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1117
  7. XenForo_Application::getDb() in XenForo/Error.php at line 47
  8. XenForo_Error::unexpectedException() in XenForo/Application.php at line 309
  9. XenForo_Application::handleException()

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

The site seems to be having trouble with parentheses and maybe some other punctuation lately. I just tried to make a post where I'd used a set of parentheses and I got an error. I was able to post it after replacing them with commas. I've had a few similar issues over the last couple of weeks, but I don't remember exactly which punctuation signs were involved each time, whether it was parentheses every time or not.

B

Bitmap

In my experiences, brackets are the most likely signs to trigger a 403 error.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Same here. I just get a blank page.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

If I follow a link to a post I am logged in and can do everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.