Strange Things that happen here

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

In that case, would you mind turning up the temperature in London a bit? It's freezing. Also, I think we've had enough rain for a while.
I should have been more precise.
We would be happy to export you some bushfires if it helps?

Nikolaos

schmikolaos

• Censor

Okay, due to SSL issues, we'll continue to have login and registration issues. They affect me as well.

I don't quite know what's going on there, so I'll need to work with Akela a bit on that.

B

Bitmap

The site latindiscussion.com is still down.
Will that site go up again? If not, can you redirect to the forum from there? Currently, the home button on this forum is a dead link to that site.

Nikolaos

schmikolaos

• Censor

The site latindiscussion.com is still down.
Will that site go up again? If not, can you redirect to the forum from there? Currently, the home button on this forum is a dead link to that site.
I think that's due to the same SSL issue. I'd be fine with cutting out the site, but I don't want to make that particular high-level decision without the go-ahead from Akela.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

The mark fora read button is absent from the Quid Novi page.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I quoted a post. Ever since, the quoted text appears to follow me about every time I open the thread in question, appearing in the text box where I have to delete it manually.

Also, the upgrade signed me out, and I forgot my password, so I requested a new one, but never received it. (I then remembered I hadn't deleted the last password reminder I'd received, which is how I'm posting here.)

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Also, the upgrade signed me out, and I forgot my password, so I requested a new one, but never received it. (I then remembered I hadn't deleted the last password reminder I'd received, which is how I'm posting here.)
That happened to me too.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I can't find a 'view recent posts' option, which I used in the olden days to navigate to via Members. What's particularly irritating is that at one point I found it by accident by looking for an option to find new posts, so I know it's out there.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Never mind, the new posts option offers it as an alternative. Though that wasn't the way I got there last time.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Indeed, this new format positively boils over with ways to see what's been going on. What's New is distinguished from Latest Activity by including profile posts and excluding likes, sorry, reactions, though neither is of course identical with what's new to you personally. Has there always been a News Feed? This is a stalker's paradise.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

The Home page is back, but seems to be full of deprecated modifiers.

B

Bitmap

Told you the code was old :p Those replace functions are still from PHP5 or something.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

If I quote a previous post and/or type text into a reply box, but then change my mind about posting and click on, for example, 'New posts' to get out of the thread, the quote or typed text that was never posted will reappear in the text box every time I open the thread until I actually post something on it. Does this happen to others?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I think it might actually come in handy someday, if you start typing something, then change your mind, but later change it again.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

I started posting a new thread on the Grammar Tips and Examples forum, then closed the tab because I was tired of working on it for the day (after first pasting the text of the guide into another document so I wouldn't lose it). I was pleasantly surprised when I went to that forum, clicked "Post New Thread" again, and found that everything I had written was still there. Very convenient. Speaking of which I'll try to finish the aforementioned post tomorrow.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I've seen a 'save draft' feature on other fora, which would work for that sort of thing. Though it wouldn't help those whose afterthoughts have afterthoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.