Not open for further replies.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

I have never been notified.

B

Bitmap

I have looked at my preferences again and all my alerts are turned on.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I am trying to post a full image of this picture, but the site will only allow a thumbnail. The file is not particularly large, and I have no problems with other pictures. Any ideas what's going on?

advert.jpg

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

I got that once a few days ago. With my dodgy internet connection, I just accept that anything can happen.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I have more or less by accident looked at my account details, and saw that it said:

What are your main reasons for registering here? Be specific. IF GIVE A FACILE REASON LIKE "LEARNING" or "TRANSLATION HELP" your application will be denied.

While I applaud the sentiment, I do think the missing pronoun (and comma) should be inserted.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

That's a strange message given that the main purpose of the forum seems to be helping people with translation requests

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I agree it's a bit harsh. The idea is probably to avoid spam.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

What are your main reasons for registering here? Be specific. IF GIVE A FACILE REASON LIKE "LEARNING" or "TRANSLATION HELP" your application will be denied.
If I could find the relevant phrase again I would!

I agree it's a bit harsh. The idea is probably to avoid spam.
Before I put this in, the requests would just say, "Translation", which didn't really distinguish between people and bots.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

Found it :)

What are your main reasons for registering here? Be specific—demonstrate that you are not a bot. IF YOU GIVE A FACILE REASON LIKE "LEARNING" or "TRANSLATION HELP" your application will be denied.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

This is what I'm seeing at the bottom of every post right now. I've always been on the English version of the forum, but I take it Cinefactus's recent fiddlings have caused it to turn into hybrid.

Respondere.PNG

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

So do I. Also, if I highlight a portion of text, instead of the option to 'reply' it's 'respondere', although I haven't got the Latin option selected. That word gets around.

B

Bitmap

At the top right of a thread, it says "Observare" in the English version ... if I want it to say "watch" again, I need to switch the language to Latin ... :puzzled:

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

At least I got your attention ;)

B

Bitmap

I poked fun at ES earlier today, but there actually is a problem with new uploads.

Is it possible that the server is actually full or something (would seem weird given that I can't even upload a 30 kb pic)?

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

I am getting an error too. I have emailed Akela and Nick

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I'm usually logged in to LatinD automatically, but when I came today I was asked for my login info. I had forgotten that I had changed my password and I managed to get my account blocked by making wrong attempts. Then I found my current password again and, thankfully, the account didn't remain blocked for long. I assume the unusual request for login info was due to you, Cinefactus, or else Nick or Akela, fiddling with the software to fix the uploading issue?

B

Bitmap

The forum asked me to log in again 2 or 3 days ago (even though I'm usually auto-logged in as well and I didn't get logged out in like a year). That was before the problems with the upload occurred, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.