Inspirational The Fifth Generation

J.M

Greetings,

Today I would like a meaningful phrase to be translated into Classical Latin if possible, the phrase is The Fifth Generation and if it would be possible I would also like the phrase I am the Fifth Generation to be translated,

Thank you,
J.M

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Aetas quinta is one possibility.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Unfortunately it could also mean "the fifth age", like the ages of the world. (This is rather neat as it sort of plays on the "four ages" of Hesiod and Ovid and others...but also possibly makes it more liable to be misunderstood.)

Generatio quinta is another possibility, though it's much rarer in this sense.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

I would take that to mean "the fifth child" at first glance.

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Maybe quintum saeculum?

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

A possibility, but again, that could easily be taken as "the fifth age".

scrabulista

Consul

• Consul

Could the OP explain what is meant?

First guess: reference to the 10 Commandments. "I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,"

thus the fifth generation starts anew...Vulgate has quarta generatio...so you would want quinta generatio.

Second guess: computer languages? Let's see...1st generation was machine language, 2nd generation was assembler, 3rd generation was Fortran/C/Basic, 4th generation: Gauss, R, S+,...
5th generation: something derived from Gauss, R, S+?

Third guess:
You actually are 5th generation? "I'm a 5th generation American?"

J.M

Could the OP explain what is meant?

First guess: reference to the 10 Commandments. "I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,"

thus the fifth generation starts anew...Vulgate has quarta generatio...so you would want quinta generatio.

Second guess: computer languages? Let's see...1st generation was machine language, 2nd generation was assembler, 3rd generation was Fortran/C/Basic, 4th generation: Gauss, R, S+,...
5th generation: something derived from Gauss, R, S+?

Third guess:
You actually are 5th generation? "I'm a 5th generation American?"

Greetings Scrabulista,
Your 3rd guess is correct, I am the 5th generation under the same name and I am 5th generation Hungarian,
J.M