The Lord's Prayer Doxology?

MacFall

I've scoured the internet for a version of Pater Noster, the Latin version of The Lord's Prayer, that contains a translation of the doxology commonly found in English versions "for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen."

Can't find one. Apparently a very early manuscript on which the Vulgate was based contains it, but there are no electronic versions of that to be found anywhere. So, can you guys help me out?

I found this on a forum, but I think someone used an online translator to get it so I'm not sure if it's right: "Pro vestri est regnum quod vox quod palma intemporaliter."

Adamas

quia tuum est regnum, et potestas, et gloria, in saecula

or

quia tuum est regnum; et potentia et gloria; per omnia saecula

or

quia tuum est regnum; et potentia et gloria; in saecula saeculorum

On the other hand, Pro vestri est regnum quod vox quod palma intemporaliter means "In front of the your men is kingdom because utterance because palm untemporarily." I can't tell whether this is a really bad machine translation or whether someone's just playing a joke on you.

scrabulista

Consul

• Consul

Nikolaos

schmikolaos

• Censor

Sempiternum? I like the sound of that... kind of like "forevalways".

Titus Labienus

Sorry to have come to this so long after the discussion but have only just joined! Still this is per omnia saecula saeculorum! According to Luke (secundum Lucam) the Lord’s Prayer is at its simplest and probably nearest to Christ’s original words. There is no doxology. The Lord’s Prayer secundum Mattheum is already showing signs of liturgical adaptation though the best manuscripts as MacFall says do not contain the doxology. There were strong Jewish precedents to add doxologies to prayer and later manuscripts show this to have occurred in the case of the Lord’s Prayer. This is apparent in the Gloria patri to be found at the end of the psalms used liturgically and also the canticles. The current ending of the Lord’s Prayer in the Roman Catholic Mass is “Quia tuum est regnum, et potestas, et gloria in saecula” the last two words being translated as “now and forever” and used thus in the Church of England Common Worship. The Eucharistic prayers end “per omnia saecula saeculorum” and are currently translated “for ever and ever”. The line in the Nicene Creed generally translated as “eternally” or “before all worlds” is “ante omnia saecula”. “Sempiternum” also occurs when the priest cleanses the sacred vessels and ends the prayer “fiat nobis remedium sempiternum”.