The world is made by fire

CeliaL1

Can someone help me with the correct translation, "The World is Made By Fire"? I've seen it translated many times. Some of these translations were the following: "Mundis Ex Igne Factus Est" "Mundi Ex Igne Factus Est" and "Mundus Factus Est Ignis". I have also seen it like this "Mundus Ex Igne Factus Est" and I think this is the right translation but I just want to be sure.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

"Mundis Ex Igne Factus Est"
That doesn't make much sense.
"Mundi Ex Igne Factus Est"
That would translate to "he/it was made from the world's fire".
"Mundus Factus Est Ignis"
That means "the world has become fire".
"Mundus Ex Igne Factus Est"
That means "the world was made from fire" or "the world is made of fire".

What do you mean exactly by "the world is made by fire"? That fire is continually creating the world? Or that people or God is creating the world through fire?

CeliaL1

That doesn't make much sense.

That would translate to "he/it was made from the world's fire".

That means "the world has become fire".

That means "the world was made from fire" or "the world is made of fire".

What do you mean exactly by "the world is made by fire"? That fire is continually creating the world? Or that people or God is creating the world through fire?
Thank you for translating these for me. I read that it means "It’s a reminder that suffering and struggle are the ways to truth, to understanding … We learn the best through adverse situations. So yes, I know we will turn things around. I truly believe in each and every one of them. It’s part of the process, and we will all be better because of it."

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Would I be right to think that the idea is "the world is made/created/built by means of fire"?

Agrippa

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

The phrase "The world is made of fire" reminds me of a statement made by Vitruvius (On Architecture 8, 1):
De septem sapientibus Thales Milesius omnium rerum principium aquam est professus, Heraclitus ignem (Thales, the Milesian, one of the seven wise men, taught that water was the original cause of all things. Heraclitus maintained the same of fire).
That’s why I would say:
Mundi principium ignis est. (The original cause of the world is fire).

Agrippa

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Addendum. Heraclitus in his own words (fragment B 30, ed. Diels-Kranz):
Kόσμον τόνδε, τὸν αὐτὸν ἁπάντων, οὔτε τις θεῶν οὐτε ἀνθρώπων ἐποίησεν, ἀλλ' ἦν ἀεὶ καὶ ἔστιν καὶ ἔσται πῦρ ἀείζωον…
This world, which is the same for all, no one of gods or men has made. But it always was, is, and will be: an ever-living Fire