There is a modern world. The unpalatable truth must be faced.

Who will win the US election?

• Joe Biden, and this is not what I would have chosen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take your metaphorical clipboard out of my face and shove it up your arse

• Other (explain, preferably in rhyming couplets)

• Total voters

LCF

Dr. Freud
I do feel Trump is a week late as far as campaigning goes. Which makes me sad.

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
I'd have thought that nobody would clam to be from Scranton if they weren't, but I'm not sure what this is supposed to prove. Trump definitely comes from NYC -- that ghastly Queens accent leaves no doubt about that -- but how popular is he there, where people tend to have measurable IQs?

LCF

Dr. Freud
Biden was flaunting his Scranton roots through out his election campaign trying to appeal to PA voters in general. They knew they need PA from the get go. It must have been a strategy of theirs to choose him for that specific reason.

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
Who are 'they'? I was under the impression that he became the Democratic candidate by outperforming the others in various state primaries. No, I don't get it either, but then nobody asked me.

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
OK, were the primaries rigged? Or was he chosen by some other method completely? I freely admit not to have followed the procedure very closely, as I find the whole shitshow rather depressing.

LCF

Dr. Freud
I don't remember the specifics. But all the Bernie bros will tell you that it is the case.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
OK, were the primaries rigged?
Well, for some reason the D establishment made the decision to push Biden through. Shortly before Super Tuesday, most moderate candidates surprisingly suspended their campaigns and endorsed Biden, while Warren and Sanders were still splitting votes between each other.

E.g.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Hmmm ... as I said, it would be forbidden in Germany to publish any results before the polls have closed ...
But this seems to be some kind of tradition ....

Opera Momentaufnahme_2020-11-03_090702_gulfnews.com.png

Opera Momentaufnahme_2020-11-03_090745_www.npr.org.png

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Last edited:

Bitmap

Civis Illustris

Opera Momentaufnahme_2020-11-03_123002_www.investors.com.png

This is a weird poll ...
According to this poll ...

Opera Momentaufnahme_2020-11-03_123419_www.investors.com.png

Trump amongst whites down 6.7% from 58% (exit polls in 2016)
Biden up 6.5% from 37% in 2016

Opera Momentaufnahme_2020-11-03_123622_www.investors.com.png

Trump up amongst blacks 4.9% from 8% in 2016.
Biden down amongst blacks 7.2% from 88% in 2016.

Trump up amongst Latinos 15.8% from 29% in 2016.
Biden down 18.2% amongst Latinos from 65% in 2016.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
It appears Joe Biden won the presidential elections - congratulations Mr Biden:hat:
To Mr Biden and Mr Trump I say - Congratulations gentlemen for your commitment during your election campaigns.:hat:
To all American friends I say - congratulations for choosing your new leader, may he guide you through this difficult time and serve the country and it's people well.

LCF

Dr. Freud
All you have to hope for is that there will be peace. Because if the other side decides to take the fight to streets, it will not be about breaking windows and looting stores.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
All you have to hope for is that there will be peace. Because if the other side decides to take the fight to streets, it will not be about breaking windows and looting stores.
I do hope there won't be any civil unrest in US caused by dissatisfied [voters / supporters]. The last thing Americans need now are riots, street fights, police shootings and burning cars.
Take care Yanks! Good luck and godspeed!