There is a modern world. The unpalatable truth must be faced.

Who will win the US election?

• Joe Biden, and this is not what I would have chosen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take your metaphorical clipboard out of my face and shove it up your arse

• Other (explain, preferably in rhyming couplets)

• Total voters

Adrian

Civis Illustris
All very disturbing, in my opinion. If it had been 70-30 Biden, I still would have said, "Why the 30%?" Fortunately, I live in Massachusetts 65-32 Biden. It is part of the reason I moved from Virginia decades ago--though with the Civil War Monuments coming down on Monument Avenue, Richmond, very near were I once lived, there is hope (Arthur Ashe monument put there, I think in the 90s, but this is better). I certainly did not move north for the weather.

Inherent worth and dignity of all people. (Bonus points--what religion is that the number one principle? ["principle" should give you a hint])

Hey, but loving learning the Latin after my retiring. (and obscure Roman military history, most recently the books by Syvanne.)

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
Is it so very wrong to savour every moment of Trump's current Twitter meltdown? After a bit of sulking in his tent, he's come out bawling, calling people Human Radical Left Garbage and ANTIFA SCUM! You can almost see the dribble running down his cheeks. Exquisite.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Is it so very wrong to savour every moment of Trump's current Twitter meltdown?
No. That's your prerogative.

After a bit of sulking in his tent, he's come out bawling, calling people Human Radical Left Garbage and ANTIFA SCUM!
I don't know what the HRLG statement refers to, but as far as the Antifa statements are concerned, it's not like he came up with that only yesterday. He's been saying that all along -- and he's actually right.

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
He's neglected to mention the Proud Boys, who are pretty high in the scum stakes. This does not surprise me. You have also neglected to mention them. This has not surprised me either.

Are they nice peaceful flower-arranging types, unfairly demonised by leftist media?

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
I think of a meltdown as tweet after tweet, or perhaps post after post, with little or no factual content or recognition of what others might reply. This would apply to Trump's tweets, or (for example) the posts of stupor fori on here. You seem to be defining it as 'posts saying things I don't like'.

It's good to know you're not a supporter of the Proud Boys -- if that indeed is what you are saying. Now if two groups are brawling, and someone calls one of them scum but has no criticism for the other, does this not imply that this person is on their side?

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
I don't know why it's so hard for you to say that the Proud Boys are thugs. I don't know why it's so hard for you to say that Trump looks like a thug when he rants about Antifa but encourages the Proud Boys. But then, for all I know you're saying the Proud Boys are thugs at this very moment to a bunch of Trumpkins, and they're asking you why you don't condemn Antifa. Though perhaps with ruder words.

Anyway, let's move on. Let's talk about Trump's hair. Even I, lacking a television partly because I find listening to politicians on the radio bad enough without having to look at them, and not being the most visual of people in any case, have noticed that he's suddenly gone white. Was he wearing a wig before, or did he bleach it back to its presumed natural colour? A nice uncontroversial subject where others will be qualified to comment, I feel sure.

NóttShade

I don't know why it's so hard for you to say that the Proud Boys are thugs. I don't know why it's so hard for you to say that Trump looks like a thug when he rants about Antifa but encourages the Proud Boys. But then, for all I know you're saying the Proud Boys are thugs at this very moment to a bunch of Trumpkins, and they're asking you why you don't condemn Antifa. Though perhaps with ruder words.
Gavin is on Censored.TV. https://freespeechlive.com He's not racist, nor homophobic. Just to mention.
The Proud Boys are a very small group... nothing like ANTIFA or BLM. They don't go to the events of other groups and start trouble, the way ANTIFA and BLM do, but they do defend themselves. Trump claims to not know much about them, but he did say that he condemns them. I'm not up to a full search, but the beginning of this show is a video clip of him condemning them: https://freespeechlive.com/watch/shows/friday-nights-all-right/episode/friday-nights-all-right-season-2-episode-3-enrique-tarrio-chairman-of-the-proud-boys
I'm not a Republican, nor a Democrat, by the way. I love the US Constitution, I love Capitalism, and I hate the radical left and Biden's group. If the Proud Boys are thugs, I think the US needs a lot more thugs like them :)

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
I think of a meltdown as tweet after tweet, or perhaps post after post, with little or no factual content or recognition of what others might reply.
I agree.

This would apply to Trump's tweets, or (for example) the posts of stupor fori on here. You seem to be defining it as 'posts saying things I don't like'.
No, I basically adhere to the definition you've set.

It's good to know you're not a supporter of the Proud Boys -- if that indeed is what you are saying. Now if two groups are brawling, and someone calls one of them scum but has no criticism for the other, does this not imply that this person is on their side?
This is getting boring and repetitive. You always come out in defence of the dumbest statements, or, in this case, in defence of the most radical extremist leftist groups like Antifa (or BLM for that matter); and then, when you get called out, you fall into a whataboutism fit accusing others, especially me, of condoning radical right-wing groups that they either have not heard about much or don't care about much.

While you believe the violent actions of Antifa are justified -- saying that organisation should not be called out for being the scum that it is -- I will gladly admit that I think a bunch of violent morons like the Poor Boys, who essentially indulge in what would be known as hooligan culture on this side of the pond, are utterly useless, counter-productive to any legitimate point I think the right raises, and should be condemned totally for messing up what could and should be a peaceful message.

As of now, I have more than 13,300 messages on this forum, and thousands more that are not counted. Most of my recent messages were political. Show me a single message in which I condone street violence from any side ... just a single one. Shouldn't be that hard.

Last edited:

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
While you believe the violent actions of Antifa are justified
Show me a single message in which I condone street violence from any side ... just a single one. Shouldn't be that hard.
For the nth time, I have not said that you condone it. I have said you are reluctant to condemn it, and when you do, for you it has nothing to do with the mass of allegedly peaceful Trump supporters. But when you post a picture of violent people at a demonstration who call themselves Antifa or BLM or whatever, it means that everyone who is with them is tarred by it.

Show me a single message where I condone street violence. Show me a single message where I 'believe the violent actions of Antifa are justified'. Trump shouting incoherently, ignoring the violent thugs who support him, is funny; it does not mean that I support any violent thugs who oppose him.

I have pointed similar things out before. Is this a particularly difficult concept for you to grasp?

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Show me a single message where I condone street violence.
You've started this whole dispute by criticising Trump for calling Antifa scum.
Antifa is scum. Do you agree or not?

For the nth time, I have not said that you condone it. I have said you are reluctant to condemn it, and when you do, for you it has nothing to do with the mass of allegedly peaceful Trump supporters.
When did I say that?

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
You've started this whole dispute by criticising Trump for calling Antifa scum.
Antifa is scum. Do you agree or not?
That's a complete misrepresentation. I did not criticise Trump at all. I said I was enjoying his impotent and incoherent ranting.

'Antifa' is just a word he's using to refer to people who demonstrate against him. Sure, some of them are violent thugs. Some may define themselves as belonging to Antifa. Some may not. I condemn people who act violently, whatever their purported allegiance. Does that make things clear enough?

Trump claims to not know much about them, but he did say that he condemns them.
He isn't condemning them now. He wasn't condemning them when he told them to stand down and stand by. It isn't as though you're going to get anything coherent out of the mad self-centred dribbler.

Trump doesn't condone violence openly either. He may be daft, but he's not that daft. But when his messages are taken as encouragement by violent thugs, he isn't exactly rushing to set the record straight. This is the man who said there were good people on both sides in Charlottesville. Do you remember?