There is a modern world. The unpalatable truth must be faced.

Who will win the US election?

• Joe Biden, and this is not what I would have chosen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take your metaphorical clipboard out of my face and shove it up your arse

• Other (explain, preferably in rhyming couplets)

• Total voters

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
'Antifa' is just a word he's using to refer to people who demonstrate against him.

This is the man who said there were good people on both sides in Charlottesville. Do you remember?
Don't tell me you're still falling for this hoax.

Here's the press conference for you:

If you can't be bothered to watch it all, go to 19:00

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
Don't tell me you're still falling for this hoax.
His remarks are here. He says that he condemns neonazis and white supremacists -- again, it's not as though even Trump is stupid enough to say otherwise -- but there were people on the demo who were not neonazis or white supremacists.

The rally was organised by Richard Spencer and Jason Kessler. Are you sure you want to go down this route?

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
Also, I'd appreciate it if we could dispense with the big pics of your exasperation. I know you think I'm incurably 'dumb' -- and from you I take it as a compliment -- but this isn't 4chan.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
Spencer is a nutnut from nutnutland, to use the technical term, and he's disappointed that Trump didn't come up to his standards.

I can't see how that means that those who were at the rally he organised in Charlottesville were in the main peaceful 19th-century historians. Do you?

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
I can't see how that statement was in any way an endorsement for white supremacy nutters.

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
Whose statement -- yours or Trump's?

If the latter -- the Charlottesville rally was an avowed white supremacist rally. Protesters were chanting things like 'Jews will not replace us'. Where exactly should I be looking to find the good people here?

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
You're starting to bore me. Are you telling me that the most Israel-friendly and Jew-friendly president in decades was condoning antisemetic white supremacy there? I don't find it hard to understand the words "neonazis and white nationalists should be condemned totally", but for you, even though you're a native speaker of English, this seems to present a problem.

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
He seemed to believe that there were good people there. I'm asking you if you think there were. You seem disinclined to answer.

Perhaps you believe there were. Perhaps you believe there weren't, but Trump was stupid enough to believe that there were. Perhaps you believe something else that I, being incurably stupid, haven't seen as a possibility. Why are you so reluctant to clarify?

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
He believed that there were people who had good arguments in favour of retaining statues, and he believed that there were people who had good arguments against retaining them. And he believed that there were people who actually supported their arguments with more rational concepts than mere white supremacy.

I'm not reluctant to clarify this. I simply don't see how this is hard to understand.

Meanwhile, you're going down the Biden road in not really accepting that Antifa as an organisation exists and merely giving everyone the lame "all kinds of violence should be condemned!" slogan. No signs of accepting Antifa as a movement, no signs of condemning them as the violent movement they are.

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
He believed that there were people who had good arguments in favour of retaining statues, and he believed that there were people who had good arguments against retaining them. And he believed that there were people who actually supported their arguments with more rational concepts than mere white supremacy.
Except that he was talking about those who were at a rally called by people who believed in the separation of the races, and who were chanting racist slogans.

'Well, you know, when you talk about Kristallnacht, there were good people on both sides. Of course I condemn antisemitism and violence. But there were people there who were merely expressing their concern about poor ventilation in certain establishments.'

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
They should give you a job at CNN ... unless you already have one.

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
I see we're back to 'them' -- those shadowy figures who do such awful, awful things, and yet control the world.

In that case, they should give you a job doing...well, anything of greater value than posting round the clock about the vast stupidity of a world that simply won't listen to your eminently sensible proposals. Unless you already have one.

Last edited:

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
A recent tweet from Trump.

Now I don't think I need to explain that I am not exactly a supporter of John Bolton. He believes in a comic book world in which the goodies of the USA bring enlightenment to the baddies of everywhere else. So 'a big dope' is perhaps not an unfair judgement of his character.

But surely it was Trump who appointed this big dope in the first place?

So a bit of Schadenfreude seems in order. That I do not support Bolton is being explicitly stated because there appear to be reading comprehension problems with this thread.

rothbard

Civis Illustris
Staff member
Now I don't think I need to explain that I am not exactly a supporter of John Bolton. He believes in a comic book world in which the goodies of the USA bring enlightenment to the baddies of everywhere else. So 'a big dope' is perhaps not an unfair judgement of his character.

But surely it was Trump who appointed this big dope in the first place?

So a bit of Schadenfreude seems in order. That I do not support Bolton is being explicitly stated because there appear to be reading comprehension problems with this thread.
They agreed on some issues, e.g. on unilateralism and the Iran deal, and I'm sure Bolton focused on those during his interviews. To Trump's credit, he ignored Bolton's warmongering nonsense.

Clemens

You're starting to bore me. Are you telling me that the most Israel-friendly and Jew-friendly president in decades was condoning antisemetic white supremacy there? I don't find it hard to understand the words "neonazis and white nationalists should be condemned totally", but for you, even though you're a native speaker of English, this seems to present a problem.
I don't know Trump's true opinions, but it's totally possible to be pro-Israel and still have anti-Semitic ideas. Part of my family are Evangelical Christians and exhibit complicated (and seemingly contradictory) views of Jewish people and Israel.