There where I have passed no grass will ever grow again

J.M

Greetings to all Latin D members,
Today I would like Atila The Hun's quote - There where I have passed, no grass will ever grow again - to be translated into Classical (Roman) Latin if possible. I would also like the phrase There where my horse has passed grass will never grow again to be translated into Classical Latin ,

Appreciated,
J.M

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I wonder if there's an already established Latin version of this. If the saying was attributed to Attila early on, it's likely enough that it was written in Latin by some historian, as most European historians of the time wrote in Latin. I spent a while searching Google and Google Books, however, and couldn't find anything apart from many unreferenced quotations in English.

For the time being, here are my own translations:

There where I have passed, no grass will ever grow again: Qua transivi, ibi gramen numquam amplius crescet.
There where my horse has passed grass will never grow again: Qua meus equus transivit, ibi gramen numquam amplius crescet.

Reactions: J.M

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I guess you could also merge the two ideas:

Qua equitavi, ibi gramen numquam amplius crescet = "There where I have ridden my horse, no grass will ever grow again."

• Love
Reactions: J.M

J.M

I guess you could also merge the two ideas:

Qua equitavi, ibi gramen numquam amplius crescet = "There where I have ridden my horse, no grass will ever grow again."
Greetings Pacifica,
Thank you very much for having scrutinized the net for any recently established versions of the quotations and for having provided me with an accurate translation of the quote as you always do,
Appreciated,
J.M