Things That Dawned on You Belatedly

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
Not all that common, and only in their weaker moments. It would be odd indeed if every line of every respected poet were perfect in every way.

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
The group Procul Harum isn't random Latin words after the fashion of Google Translate; they took their name from a pedigree cat called Procul Harun. 'Harun' is the Arabic form of 'Aaron'.

Iáson

Cívis Illústris
The English word amoebean, occasionally used in literary criticism, carries its meaning directly from Greek ἀμοιβή 'response', and has nothing to do with amoebas.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú
Backwards. Back+wards. I feel stupid again.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
French "demain" ("tomorrow") = de mane.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Yes, that's why I posted it here.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I hate it when you say that. I feel like it's just a kind way of saying "you're stupid".

If I had thought about the etymology of "demain" before, I would have figured it out earlier, but I simply never had wondered about it.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú
H̶a̶h̶a̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶p̶i̶d̶.̶

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I know, you've told me many times that you think I'm intelligent. But, for some reason, it still gives me that feeling.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú
"Over", like between radiospeak, means that the message is over.

I was recently told that a prat isn't a pregnant goldfish (which I thought) and the word I was looking for was twat. But then after a little digging I found out that it wasn't a twat either.

Edit: yes I had typed goldfish fish

Last edited: