Things That Dawned on You Belatedly

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Lol.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú
That Attila the Hun's name is from the Gothic atta, "father", cognate to the Hittite attas, with a diminutive suffix. And thus it is not his actual name, but an exonym.

Hemo Rusticus

Lounge Lizard
Lil' daddy.

Agrippa

Civis Illustris
paterculus

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
That name will always remind me of that museum guide who pronounced it as "Pater Culus".

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
I have always disliked Oasis. But I'd never noticed that 'Look Back in Anger' uses the same chord progression that infected pop music after Pachelbel's Canon was rediscovered around 1980, but in a less obvious way than all the others, or at least all those I know; I'm sure there are any number I haven't heard, because it's all over the place like a rash. This makes me almost like it.

If only we had more notes in the musical scale.

I have enjoyed the more recent plagerism saga of The Verve and The Stones as it's always more interesting when both parties are still alive, I think it's still ongoing too.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
This dawned on me some time (a few weeks, maybe) ago, but I forgot to share it here until now.

La Joconde (Mona Lisa) = iucunda.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
The respective holy week days of the three Abrahamic religions are consecutive (though not, sadly, in the chronological order of the ancientness of the religions): Friday for Muslims, Saturday for Jews, Sunday for Christians.

Quintilianus

I'm no theologian but from a purely islamic point of view I think they are in chronological order. :D

Last edited:

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
"Mineral" is related to "mine".

• Wow
Reactions: LCF