Things you'd like to see translated into Latin

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I've been thinking of perhaps making a second book of Latin translations (my first can be found here). This is just a vague consideration so far; I don't know if I'll actually do it and if I do, when, but I thought I'd still create a thread to ask if people on here had any idea what they would like to see translated into Latin. There are relatively stringent conditions, though; for me to consider suggestions, they must be works:

- written in English or French;
- in the public domain (so nothing too new);
- not too long (making a book of several short stories is my first idea; a short novel is something I might still consider, but not a huge one — don't suggest anything Lord-of-the-Rings-sized).

Furthermore:

- I'm not really into children's stuff.
- Prose is preferred.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I should have specified that I'm after prose. Maybe Bitmap will feel inspired, though. :p Or I could perhaps consider a prose adaptation.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

:ouch:

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

You should feel guilty...

I don't know if it's an actual poem with poemitic rules, though.

B

Bitmap

I don't have enough imagination.

I could suggest something here, but I honestly think your freely written prose is way better than the translations you have to tie some source in another language.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

... not noticing that my post was a suggestion itself...
You said "I could suggest something, but..." which it is natural to interpret as "I could suggest something, but (I'm not going to and I'll just say the following)..."

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I wanted to know the suggestion you hadn't made.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

What about Robert Louis Stevenson or Walter Scott?

Mafalda

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

The Caliph Stork by Wilhelm Hauff. The original is in German, of course, but there are English and probably also French translations.

Attachments