This too shall pass through hardship to hell.

Lee Raeburn

Wanting to get this phrase in Latin as part of a tattoo design.

I know the translations of both of them as two separate phrases as:

Per aspera ad inferi and Hoc quoque transibit or Hoc quoque praeteriturum.

I just want to make sure I don't need to consider anything grammatically by joining both of these phrases or if i can just get it inked as hoc quoque transibit/praeteriturum per aspera ad inferi

And could someone also please explain to me the literal differences between transire and praeterire as I'd like to make sure I chose the latin translation for 'pass' that I can relate to more myself and connect it to the reasons why I want this phrase as part of my tattoo.

Thanks Everyone :)

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

I'm scratching my head trying to work out what "This too shall pass through hardship to hell" means. Can you tell us? You seem to have spliced together two unconnected sentiments.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

This (trouble) too shall pass through (in the middle of all other) hardships to (go to) hell (and disappear)?

I think.

There is one big grammatical mistake in what you have, Lee Raeburn. Ad inferi infernum.

For the rest, it's literally correct. Either transibit or praeteriturum can do in that sense.

Now I suppose some may prefer not to do it literally and it will certainly be discussed once you give more precisions. But if you change inferi to infernum, no problem as far as grammar is concerned.

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

This (trouble) too shall pass through (in the middle of all other) hardships to (go to) hell (and disappear)?
Ingenious! But the English could never mean that.
Besides "This too shall pass" is a long-standing proverb in its own right; "through hardship to hell" on the other hand appears to be some rock band's idea - the same rock band that gave us the erroneous translation Per Aspera Ad Inferi.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Therefore you are.
:p
Prove that you are too: go ahead, give your theory: what do you think it means? ;)

Everyone should give their theory, and if one of them is confirmed by the op, its author shall be the winner.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I have another theory:

This (anything, any circumstance, like your life, the american empire, our culture...) too shall pass through hardships (through all hardships everyone keeps getting through in their individual lives, and all hardships all the world globally endures as it has been enduring since it has existed) to hell (everything will go to hell anyway, as we're all going to die, every empire is going to fall, like the Roman one did; it went through the hardships of wars and barbarian invasions, and went into the hell of destruction; and the world is going to end some day).

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Let the OP clarify this first.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Oh, you don't feel like giving a theory? Lol.​

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Everyone should give their theory, and if one of them is confirmed by the op, its author shall be the winner.
Not a rule I play by. Most OPs who post incoherent material will confirm whichever of our suggestions gives the most flattering turn to their incoherence.
Given the overwhelming evidence suggesting the wording has simply been ill thought through, I take it your challenge is a joke anyway.
I have another theory:
I do too: drink.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It's a bit of a joke, yes, but it must still mean something to her, even if it's not clear to others.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

I think, therefore I drink! Lol
Why waste words and time with theories? Let the OP speak in plain words.

Lee Raeburn

Most of you guys have got the right of it. This (trouble, strife, hard time in life) too (as everything bad does) shall pass (and be no more) through hardships to hell (and not even be a memory)

Thats to put it as well as I can.

And yes the through hardship to hell part is from the song Per Aspera Ad Inferi by Ghost - amazing band even if as you say their latin leaves something to be desired

P.S. I'm a dude, my picture is just from a VERY drunken night haha