Through darkness comes light

Martinique

Hi all.

I'm also a tattoo enthusiast looking for an accurate translation for "through darkness comes light"
I have come across the following on the site - ex tenebris venit lux - would the words "from and through" differ at all?

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Hello,

With "through" instead of "from":

Per tenebras venit lux.

Martinique

Thank you so much
Just a question, on the spelling of "tenebris" - I see you have spelled it with an "a" , assuming I need to change my spelling?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Yes, after ex you need tenebris, but after per you need tenebras.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Ah, it's already done! You didn't lose time since yesterday...!

Thanks for sharing. :)

Martinique

It was scheduled already but I wasn't 100% comfortable with the exact spelling etc. So i spent about 4 hours searching the web and eventually came across this page - lifesaver!!!
I really didn't want it to be wrong - all my other ink has also been verified by personal friends who speak the said language of each tattoo, but Latin is not exactly an "everyman's" language.

I don't particularly want to have my picture posted on a thread about "Disastrous translations and meanings" :)

Thanks again!!

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Martinique

I have my name in Farsi - Persian, both my children's names in Arabic, Chinese symbols for "mother, son, and daughter"
Also have Ninjutsu (martial arts I practice) in kanji
And then a whole bunch of other tattoo's

Trying to decide on another Latin "phrase" for my other arm

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Those look OK. You were sensible not to try and say anything too ambitious; such attempts often turn out badly.