Ticket to Ride

Carsae

Hi all,

I'm making a Roman Empire fan version of the board game Ticket to Ride, complete with ancient city names and Roman numbering. It's a project that consumes quite some time therefore I want to make sure that everything is correct. I would like to have something like the following text on the game board in Latin:

Ticket to Ride
Roman edition
Fan-made version
All roads lead to Rome

Any help is appreciated.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Hi,

Am I correct in thinking that the "Roman edition" exists only as a "fan-made version", rather than there being a "fan-made version" of a pre-existing "Roman edition"?

Also, are you the sole creator of this version, so that "fan-made" in this case would mean "made by a fan" rather than "made by fans"?

Carsae

Hi,

Am I correct in thinking that the "Roman edition" exists only as a "fan-made version", rather than there being a "fan-made version" of a pre-existing "Roman edition"?

Also, are you the sole creator of this version, so that "fan-made" in this case would mean "made by a fan" rather than "made by fans"?
Thank you for the question. To clarify:

There currently is no official Roman edition. So yes it only exists as a fan-made version.
I am the sole creator. So yes "made by a fan" rather than "made by fans". With this, I also mean to say that it is not an official version.

EstQuodFulmineIungo

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I'm not familiar with the game, however:
For the others, I would say:
Ticket to Ride --> Titulus cursus ---or---- Titulus itineris
Roman edition ---> Editio Romana
All roads lead to Rome ---> Omnes viae Romam ducunt

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Thank you for the question. To clarify:

There currently is no official Roman edition. So yes it only exists as a fan-made version.
I am the sole creator. So yes "made by a fan" rather than "made by fans". With this, I also mean to say that it is not an official version.
OK, then I would suggest:

Tesserae Itinerariae
editio Romana
a fautore facta
Omnes viae ducunt Romam

Note that the name of the game on its own would be Tessera Itineraria, but the form is different here because "Ticket to Ride — Roman edition" really means "Roman edition of Ticket to Ride" and while that's only implicit in the English it needs to be marked in Latin by a different grammatical form.

Carsae

OK, then I would suggest:

Tesserae Itinerariae
editio Romana
a fautore facta
Omnes viae ducunt Romam

Note that the name of the game on its own would be Tessera Itineraria, but the form is different here because "Ticket to Ride — Roman edition" really means "Roman edition of Ticket to Ride" and while that's only implicit in the English it needs to be marked in Latin by a different grammatical form.
Awesome. Thank you very much for your help.