Transcription of Probate

Westcott

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

That's a good effort. I make it;

Johannes Baylie Legum Bacc[alaure]us d[omi]ni Archi[diaco]ni Archi[diaco]nat[us] Oxon
Offi[cia]lis princ[ipa]lis l[egi]time constit[utus] Dilect[is] nobis in Christo Alexandro Charnelhouse et Edmundo Hall
Cl[er]icus co[niuncti]m et div[isi]m Salut[em] in D[omi]no Cum quidam Johannes Loggin nup[er] de Kingham in Com[itatu] et Archi[diaco]natu
Oxon <Sen[ior]?> abintestat[o] (uti asseritor) ab hac Luce migraverit Cumq[ue] Dil[e]c[t]us noster Nich[ola]us Pilett[?] Legum Bacc[alaure]us ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Westcott

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I've just realised what happened. The word Saltem isn't saltem, = "at least". It is Salutem, "Greeting". But when I put the u in square brackets the computer took it as an instruction to underline.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

I think I have fixed it...

Westcott

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Oh, I hope so. This wasn't the first time it had happened. The problem is that most of my posts include things in square brackets. I also used to get italics if I put an I [can't do a lower case I] in square brackets. Let's give t a try ...

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

Which is the word which is wrong?

stdape

Thankyou for your time will work with yours as my latin knowledge is wrote on a finger nail lol. And thanks for correction of Salutem. These abbreviated words are a nightmare.

Westcott

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Cinefactus, I put "Let's give it a try", putting the first letter of "it" in square brackets. Sure enough the website dropped the first letter and displayed the rest of the post in italics.