Video Translation for Stephen King Film Adaptation

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

And she gets a bite.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Sorry. It's an old one, but a goody. And I'm very childish.

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

To be fair, its original signification was for the technological medium, not the machine itself.
Yes, I lumbered my way towards that admittedly elementary realisation after Pacifica's gentle nudge in post #48.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Eas quas in televisorio*** ostendunt.

***This word for "TV" has been used in the Neo-Latin community, although there may be some doubts as to whether it's a coherent neologism.
I've just thought of something. Perhaps we could use televisio in the sense of the concept here, and say eas quas televisione ostendunt, giving literally something to the effect of "those they show by means of television". We'd still be using a weirdish Greek-Latin hybrid word, but we'd avoid the potentially doubtful use of the -orium ending. What do you think?

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

That makes a great deal more sense, in my opinion (in both Latin and English!) :D

AndrewD87

Fantastic. So just to verify, the translation I could use would be:

"I took him to the mall, because he wanted this toy. The ones they show on TV. All the kids want them."

Ad pantopolium illum adduxi, quia volebat hanc* pupam. Eas quas televisione ostendunt. Omnes pueri eas volunt.

*He is holding the toy.

"You should have left him alone. You should have left us alone."

Oportuit ab illo te abstinere manus. Oportuit a nobis abstinere manus.

"Are you still thirsty?"

Etiamne nunc sitis?