Rocit

It's "Emblemata ethico-politica" Jacob Bornitius
It usually goes as "Jacobi Bornitii Emblemata ethico-politica"

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

You shouldn't judge me as stupid in what concerns the knowledge Latin
Yeah, maybe I didn't have a fine classic education, like everyone here on the forum, but I strive to do my best and mind that I'm not a novice in translating the texts (I'm a translator too).
I'm sorry to see you've misread my intentions; I was just trying to save you from unnecessary labour on the understanding that this was for a PhD in emblematics; and you did indicate very strongly in your opening post that that was the case.
As for the fine classic education, no-one gets that anywhere unless they get it by their own endeavours. Obtaining a knowledge of Latin and Greek, far from being the preserve of an elite, is one of the most egalitarian things you can do. All you need is time, patience and the requisite enthusiasm; it scarcely needs to cost you anything.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Well said, Aurifex!

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It's true that I acquired knowledge of Latin - and am on the way to aquire that of Greek - almost entirely for free: that is for the price of post stamps to send my homework back... All the rest was free reading on the internet.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

Yeah, maybe I didn't have a fine classic education, like everyone here on the forum
As some have said above, I think you will find that most of us taught ourselves.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

If by "classic education", university or things like that are meant, I didn't even finish secondary school... Though I'm surely the only one here (except those who of us who are still at school of course).

Rocit

This emblem's also got a very syntactically complex commentary: could you just check where I did mistake?

- In recensendis mortalium affectibus, praeter fas ac humanitatem foret, amoris oblivisci, qui in omnium animis, nisi prorsus barbaris, regnans, tamen quosdam vehementius suis imbuit curis, sibique propius addicit.
- Considering the feelings or mortal beings, it's not allowed and contrary to human nature to forget love, which, reigning in all hearts, except barbarous ones, still does feed some people with its passion and makes them closer.

- Est autem blanda, & irrequieta cupiditas, iis ipsis placendi, qui nobis sive forte, sive sua virtute, sive nostro denique errore placuerunt.
- But there's also a tender and restless attraction, that they (i.e. our loves) like, whom we like either by chance, or by the virtue, or by an error.

- Et is quidem, velit insidiis, ita irrepit, ut nos ante sentiamus amare, quam instituamus de amando consilium.
- And still love thus creeps, as if from an ambush, that we could first taste love than to make a consilium on it.

- Neque arduum in ipsis initiis esset excutere tantum pondus, nisi sensim, neque sine suavitate incumbens, ita eos ipsos suis lenociniis caperet, quos affligit, praesertim inexpertos, ut putent in humanum facinus fore, sibique omnino incommodum, si influentis mali dulcedinem a se ausint severo imperio arcere.
- Also the difficulties in the very beginning can't shake the (lovers') firmness, or just a bit; and not without pleasure they are afflicted by it, to such a degree love has captured them with its embellishments, especially unexperienced ones, that
now they would think (every) human deed is a door to absolute failures, if they were badly influenced by charms (and) dared to restrain from severe orders.

The text in bold is a special difficulty for me here. Would be grateful for any help!

limetrees

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

One part at least:
Est autem blanda, & irrequieta cupiditas, iis ipsis placendi, qui nobis sive forte, sive sua virtute, sive nostro denique errore placuerunt.

- But there's also a tender and restless desire, to please [of pleasing] those whom we like either by chance, or by their virtue, or by our delusion.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

The first sentence has already been translated correctly by Aurifex:
In recensendis mortalium affectibus, praeter fas ac humanitatem foret, amoris oblivisci, qui in omnium animis, nisi prorsus barbaris, regnans, tamen quosdam vehementius suis imbuit curis, sibique propius addicit.

"In reviewing the affections of mortals, it would be contrary to what is right and what it means to be human to forget love, which, reigning in everyone's hearts, unless they are complete barabrians, (yet) affects certain persons more keenly with its cares and binds them more closely to itself."

I mean barbarians.
One part at least:
Est autem blanda, & irrequieta cupiditas, iis ipsis placendi, qui nobis sive forte, sive sua virtute, sive nostro denique errore placuerunt.

- But there's also a tender and restless desire, to please [of pleasing] those whom we like either by chance, or by their virtue, or by our delusion.
I confirm, except there's no "also". It could also be "but the desire to please those... is charming and restless".
- Et is quidem, velit insidiis, ita irrepit, ut nos ante sentiamus amare, quam instituamus de amando consilium.
- And still love thus creeps, as if from an ambush, that we could first taste love than to make a consilium on it.
And it assuredly so creeps in, as if from an ambush, that we can feel we are loving before we take a decision about loving.
- Neque arduum in ipsis initiis esset excutere tantum pondus, nisi sensim, neque sine suavitate incumbens, ita eos ipsos suis lenociniis caperet, quos affligit, praesertim inexpertos, ut putent in humanum facinus fore, sibique omnino incommodum, si influentis mali dulcedinem a se ausint severo imperio arcere.
- Also the difficulties in the very beginning can't shake the (lovers') firmness, or just a bit; and not without pleasure they are afflicted by it, to such a degree love has captured them with its embellishments, especially unexperienced ones, that
now they would think (every) human deed is a door to absolute failures, if they were badly influenced by charms (and) dared to restrain from severe orders.
I think in humanum should be one word, inhumanum, right?

And it would not be difficult to shake off so great a burden at the very start, if it didn't little by little, and (while it is) weighing not without sweetness, capture with its allurements the very people whom it afflicts, especially the unexperienced ones, in such a manner that they think it would be an inhuman deed, and throroughly disadvantageous for themselves, if they dared to repulse the sweetness of the penetrating evil away from themselves with severe authority.

Rocit

No-ow, there's a truly nice translation!
All I do is gaze with awe and wonder :)
Thank you very much for, I shall say, an exemplary translation! I liked that very much, though the syntax is indeed still very very complex!