TV Theme Songs... in Latin!

Senexlongabarba

Hi Everyone - I just found this forum, it looks great! So I wanted to start contributing right away:

Every now and then I translate some theme songs from classic TV shows into Latin for a bit of fun - getting them to fit and rhythm and rhyme in the same places. Here's one I recently translated - It's the theme for the original Scooby-Doo TV show. Sing along if you know the tune (Here's a link to a clip of the original theme if you want to sing along!)

Scooby Doo Theme Lyrics – Original Version

Scooby-Dooby-Doo, ubi tu?
Nobis est laborandum,
Scooby-Dooby-Doo, ubi tu?
Tibi est adiuvandum.

Age Scooby-Doo, adventu, in vestigium simulas,
Non decepisti, ego sensi, quemadmodum cohorrescas.

Mysterium est aperiendum,
Sic Scooby-Doo adparatus esto,
Petito!
Et Scooby-Doo, empto curru,
Dabitur cibus cuidam catulo,
(Sic vero!)

Scooby-Dooby-Doo, Hic es tu!
Es paratus et libens,
Si fidus eris tu, Scooby-Doo,
Capietur auferens.

Check out the blog I started where I post all of these (http://tvthemesinlatin.blogspot.com) - Feel free to take a look, make suggestions, or just complain about how you don't agree with my grammatical choices!

(P.S. I wasn't sure if this was the right part of the forum to post this in, but I'm sure people will tell me if it's not!)

Senexlongabarba

Salvete, omnes! I just started a blog where I translate TV Theme songs into Latin (a hobby which I started some time ago, but am getting back into now). If you want to check it out, here's the link: http://tvthemesinlatin.tumblr.com/

I've already put a translation for the Barney the Dinosaur theme, Friends and Sonic the Hedgehog, with more to come :)

Lucius Aelius

Linguistics Hippie

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Oh, so that's you? I just saw Mema Interretialia's comments on your translation of Pinky and the Brain.

GoktimusPrime

Fan-made translations/performances of "Let It Go" from Frozen. Which one do you guys think is the better of the two?

Avenus

Fan-made translations/performances of "Let It Go" from Frozen. Which one do you guys think is the better of the two?

I actually listened to both of them many times and I would say that:

Theresasaurus is much more enjoyable to listen to because its much more of a free translation
While O1vette is more classically based and is still very nice because you can tell she is an expert on making songs into Latin. I mean just check out her channel.

IAROBOR

I like Theresasaurus' version.
Here is another one from "Frozen"
I love both songs. They helped me a lot in learning Latin.