Unimog/ Multi-Purpose All-Terrain (Wheeled) Vehice

Adrian

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Dear all,
In reference to modern logistics and supply chain management (Martin Christopher, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, 4th Edition - Chapter 6 Logistics pipeline management)
In refference to multi-role logistical assets:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unimog#1951_.E2.80.93_Daimler_Benz_.E2.80.93_Gaggenau_manufacturing_plant
I would like to inquire if anyone of fellow colleagues latinists knows how to express following attributive adjectives/ expressions:
1) Multi-purpose [=multi-role; having wide range of appliance]
2) All-terrain (referring to high mobility, all wheel drive, capability to travers most of the surface type and landscape)
3) "Wheeled" as vehicle (engine + cabine + compartment/frame mounted on wheels e.g. car/truck/Unimog)

My guess:
wheeled vehicle - vehiculum surrotatum; automobile; autocurrus surrotatus
Multi-purpose - multifunctionalis ? multiutilis ?
all-terrain - omniterralis ? omnitransiens ? omnitransibilis ?
Transport vehicle [=(wheeled) transporter/ carrier] = automobile/ autocurrus transvehens ? / Transvector Autobomilis ??

syntaxianus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Hello Adrian. You know there are no real parallels in ancient writings, most likely. My first attempts are here. Perhaps they would be transparent to ancient Romans. Later Latin may have better solutions. Usage is of course the key thing. If there is no speaking community using particular terms for particular realities, you are simply creating something that will be better than nothing. It has to find acceptance.

Sticking to ancient words:

multi-purpose
(vehiculum) multiplicium usuum = (vehicle) of manifold uses
(vehiculum) multipliciter utile = (vehicle) useful in many ways

all-terrain
(vehiculum) aptum ad omnia genera soli = v. fit for all types of ground
(vehiculum) ubicumque ductile = v. that can be taken anywhere

wheeled
(vehiculum) rotale

syntaxianus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris