Until the end of time

Zydgan

Hi all

The full text of what is to be translated is "Pie, I love you until the end of time"

This is meant to be engraved on a watch for a lady as an engagement gift.

The name Pie is a nickname we call each other (we also call each other Pea) , much like "honey" or "love". I chose to use the nickname here as its a pun on Pi which is never ending.

The phrase "until the end of time" has a double meaning as well. It is engraved on a self winding perpetual calendar watch, which runs true and accurate forever. Thus, like the watch, my love remains forever. The second meaning is the reminder that the watch cannot run forever in vacuo, it needs to be worn or looked after, much like love for each other. But I also don't want the phrase to sound like a warning, it's more like an encouragement to nurture the love.

I was looking at previous posts by others, including jmax, and came up with "amabo te, Piea, Usque temporis finem" but realized that it's probably not good for me to string some phrases together without consulting you guys.

Thanks a bunch,
David

Zydgan

Hi all

The full text of what is to be translated is "Pie, I love you until the end of time"

This is meant to be engraved on a watch for a lady as an engagement gift.

The name Pie is a nickname we call each other (we also call each other Pea) , much like "honey" or "love". I chose to use the nickname here as its a pun on Pi which is never ending.

The phrase "until the end of time" has a double meaning as well. It is engraved on a self winding perpetual calendar watch, which runs true and accurate forever. Thus, like the watch, my love remains forever. The second meaning is the reminder that the watch cannot run forever in vacuo, it needs to be worn or looked after, much like love for each other. But I also don't want the phrase to sound like a warning, it's more like an encouragement to nurture the love.

I was looking at previous posts by others, including jmax, and came up with "amabo te, Piea, Usque temporis finem" but realized that it's probably not good for me to string some phrases together without consulting you guys.

Thanks a bunch,
David
I suppose a more gentle and subtler phrasing would be "Pie, my love for you flows like time, constant and gentle"