ut mentiar, nullius patrimonium tanti facio - 62.7

Phoebus Apollo

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

nolite me iocari putare; ut mentiar, nullius patrimonium tanti facio

I can't figure out what type of ut + subjunctive clause this is - purpose or result don't seem to work.

The translation is something along the lines of 'I would not lie to make a fortune/inheritance of any such great size (ie of any amount)' but I'm not sure how you get to this.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

That's a good non-literal translation. But what it very literally seems to mean is:
I don't value anyone's inheritance (i.e. inheritance from anyone, however rich) so much that I would lie. (result clause).

Phoebus Apollo

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

That's a good non-literal translation. But what it very literally seems to mean is:
I don't value anyone's inheritance (i.e. inheritance from anyone, however rich) so much that I would lie. (result clause).
Thank you! :) So does nullius act as a noun ('of no-one') and tanti is a genitive of description (value?) with patrimonium? - 'I do not value/consider anyone's inheritance (to be) of such a size that...'

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

"tanti" is a genitive of value with "facio". "tanti facere" = "to value so much".
Here's another example of that idiom with "facere" and a genitive: (from Sallust)
Non sunt composita verba mea: parvi id facio. – my words are not composed/pre-written: I don't care about that (lit. I value that at (only) a little).

I think "nullius" is indeed "of no-one". The word "nemo" is rarely found in the genitive and ablative cases and forms of "nullus" are used in its place.

Phoebus Apollo

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

"tanti" is a genitive of value with "facio". "tanti facere" = "to value so much".
Here's another example of that idiom with "facere" and a genitive: (from Sallust)
Non sunt composita verba mea: parvi id facio. – my words are not composed/pre-written: I don't care about that (lit. I value that at (only) a little).

I think "nullius" is indeed "of no-one". The word "nemo" is rarely found in the genitive and ablative cases and forms of "nullus" are used in its place.
Thank you so much!!