Vesperatus Mundi

Sulome

I had a dream with the words Vesperatus Mundi in it and they have been nagging me for some time. I have no knowledge of the Latin language, so if you could please help me with meaning and their proper pronunciation I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks so much for all your help!

B

Bitmap

funny, I recently had a dream with the words 'Automated Latin translators produce random results. Do not post their output here.' in it. It must have been a homo-erotic dream, because the words were written on a pink banner.

scrabulista

Consul

• Consul

Welcome to the forum, Sulome. What were you trying to say? If it was a dream, what gave you the idea that it was Latin?

Actually mundi is "of the world"
vesperatus is "grown into evening" (a very rare word though)
Put them together and they make no sense.

The only citation Lewis and Short offers for vesperatus is:
die jam vesperato = "with the day now grown into evening," from a work by Solinus.
Could dies be implied in Solume's dream?
If so, vesperatus mundi could be "a day of the world grown into evening," But putting "of the world" after dies would not be particularly natural.

Sulome

Thanks for all of your helpful replies.
Bitmap: Thanks for reminding me that there are no shortage of those who enjoy attempting to make others feel stupid for sincerely asking for help. You do an outstanding job. Your parents must be so proud.
Brunhilda: You caught me. I am the author listed on that page. Now that this is out in the open, I can sleep better at night.
Scrabulista: Thank you for your thoughtful response. It is what I was seeking and I am truly grateful for it. Yes, the words did come in a dream. Whether you want to believe it or not, that's no lie. I have very unusual dreams and that is something I cannot help. I look for help where I can in deciphering them. Your help, Scrabulista, is valuable. Thank you.
I will not lie when I say that I did look up the definition on one of those automated translators, but as you can see from the question I asked in my post, I did not list the definitions it gave me. Therefore, I did not mention anything produced by an automated translator and followed forum rules. It was because I did not completely trust these translators that I came here to seek verification, not to be a "troll" (Which btw, means someone who likes to instigate trouble by insulting others on forums. I don't recall insulting anyone here in my first post). So, Scrabulista, I humbly thank you for not treat me as a troll. You are a credit to this forum. If I have any other questions, I hope that I may ask you for advice since you have been so helpful and considerate. I hope that you, Scrabulista, have a great day!

B

Bitmap

Sulome dixit:
Thanks for all of your helpful replies.
Bitmap: Thanks for reminding me that there are no shortage of those who enjoy attempting to make others feel stupid for sincerely asking for help.
I do help people with sincere requests. What does that have to do with your thread?

You do an outstanding job.
I know

Brunhilda: You caught me. I am the author listed on that page. Now that this is out in the open, I can sleep better at night.
Let's hope google translate won't haunt you any longer, then.

Bestiola

Nequissima

• Civis Illustris

• Sacerdos Isidis

Sulome dixit:
Perhaps it would make you sleep even better knowing that you're the forth one here since 2007 dreaming the input of the internet translators ;)