We Are God

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

he was not talking about atheism being definite creative disposition stimulating self-confidence and searching means to improve ones life.
Maybe he didn't have this in mind; I have never read any of his works, but isn't that the effect that is caused once an idea of supernatural deity is rejected?

Adrian

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Maybe he didn't have this in mind; I have never read any of his works, but isn't that the effect that is caused once an idea of supernatural deity is rejected?
Hard to say. Nitzsche was not specific on the subject of human development - he focused on criticizing church, religion and concept of sin as "smite-rod" against all those who opposed status quo ante and "judeo-christian system on moral norms and rules of conduct". As far as I recall, he did mention decomposition of religion as "step forward" but wasn't precise in which direction...

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

But why did he criticise in the first place? Plainly because he saw there were many things wrong with society's "hallowed" traditions.

Adrian

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

But why did he criticise in the first place? Plainly because he saw there were many things wrong with society's "hallowed" traditions.
I believe this might have been important aspect in his thoughts - he wrote "Die fröhliche Wissenschaft" in the end of XIX century [peak of second industrial revolution - omninous scientific progress, urbanization, migration, social changes and emerging pedestrian hedonism - child of belle epoque]

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

MEVS DEVS!! VNVM SOLVM DIEM absum, et nunc hoc plenum profanorum aliorumque verborum est! Grrr vobis invideo! :D

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

*vobis invideo

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

oops, gratias.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Noli mendaciis tuis molestis iuvenum mentes conturbare, Catilina! Cui tu adulescentulo, quem corruptelarum artium irretisses, non aut ad audaciam ferrum aut ad lubidinem facem praetulisti?

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Optime igitur!

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

pick a phrase, Chad
lol

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

I don't think I've ever seen a translation thread exceed three pages...

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

Ignis Umbra

Ignis Aeternus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Nova explicatio huius "thread": Vultisne epistulas vestras diligi? Huc venite!