What are you listening to? (music)

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú
Yeah, he's pretty brash, but I can't lie to you amigo, I find him to be kinda wack.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Yeah, he's pretty brash, but I can't lie to you amigo, I find him to be kinda wack.
I fell ya amigo. Definitely a controversial artist (not only the face and body tattoos). I listened to some of his other songs (Politically Incorrect, People Are Stupid, No Lives Matter, White Boy). Damn! This guy doesn't f*ck around with sensitivity, subtlety and half measures; he goes down hard on PC, SJW, feminists, mumble rappers, celebrities and the "get-rich-or-die-tryin' / gangsta" myth.

What amazed me are reactions to his videos - afro americans actually support him (even when he sometimes ridicules hip hop, BLM movement and their victim/ blame game claims).

I really wish there were more nonconformist socially aware rappers like him.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú
Indeed. I agree with him too.

Adrian

Civis Illustris

R. Seltza

Magnus Oculus
FWIW

Adrian

Civis Illustris

This is my favorite violin piece. A little background:

Zigeunerweisen (Gypsy Airs, Spanish: Aires gitanos), Op. 20, is a musical composition for violin and orchestra written in 1878 by the Spanish composer Pablo de Sarasate. It was premiered the same year in Leipzig, Germany. It is based on themes of the Roma people, and in the last section the rhythms of the csárdás; this section uses a theme previously used in Franz Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody No. 13, composed in 1847.

Instrumentation
Zigeunerweisen is scored for solo violin and an orchestra consisting of two flutes, two oboes, two clarinets in B-flat, two bassoons, two horns in F, two trumpets in F, timpani (in G-C and then E-A), triangle, and strings.

Composition
Zigeunerweisen is in one movement but can be divided into four sections, the first three in the key of C minor and the last in A minor, based on the tempi:

1. Moderato – An imposing, virtuosic introduction with slow majestic energy by the orchestra, then a little softer by the violin itself.
  2. Lento – The violin plays in lugubrious lento 4/4. This section has an improvisational quality; the melody, which essentially consists of pairs of 4-bar phrases, is punctuated with difficult runs and other technically demanding figures, including flying spiccato and ricochet bowings.
  3. Un poco più lento – The muted soloist plays a melancholic melody with the so-called reverse-applied dotted note (1/16 + dotted 1/8 rhythm: sixteenth noteeighth note.), akin to the "Mannheim sigh" of the classical era; in 2/4 time.
  4. Allegro molto vivace – At this point, the piece becomes extremely rapid. The challenging solo part consists mainly of long spiccato runs, along with double stops, artificial harmonics, and left-hand pizzicato; in 2/4 time.

Brian

Adrian

Civis Illustris

Adrian

Civis Illustris

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Dear God give us back 2Pac and we'll give you Justin Bieber:pray:

Hemo Rusticus

Jive Turkey
To-do list:
1. Bewail my inert, ineffective life.
2. Drink ginkgo tea.
3. Учиться лезгинскому языку.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
To-do list:
3. Учиться лезгинскому языку.
Wow! Hemo my friend, with so many languages you could become a Green Beret (they would immidiatelly promote you to chief language instructor at Fort Bragg) :hat:

Speaking of multi intrumenalists, my platonic love object Alina. She's supercute and ginger... what more can a man want?:D
and she also plays harp - I would imagine she would pass for a genuine Irish cailín @Terry S.