What are you listening to? (music)

Godmy

A Monkey
Cool, I think I knew only the Limp Bizkit version...
(I'm curious, did you actually know this version first or did you follow the Limp Bizkit trail all the way to its origins? ;- ) )

btw., on the topic of the song, I have extremely (light) blue eyes ;P (sometimes I wished I hadn't, I tend to stand out... but I reconciled with it, I think ;) )
godmy eyes.jpg

godmy eyes2.jpg

Last edited:

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Cool, I think I knew only the Limp Bizkit version...
(I'm curious, did you actually know this version first or did you follow the Limp Bizkit trail all the way to its origins? ;- ) )

btw., on the topic of the song, I have extremely (light) blue eyes ;P (sometimes I wished I hadn't, I tend to stand out... but I reconciled with it, I think ;) )
I knew the original version (TBH I never knew Limp Bizkit did a cover of that song).
As far as your eyes are considered, It's true, they are very light-blue. I wonder if there is even latin equivalent for such condition ; I doub't whether "oculis caeruleis" would suffice; more likely ϒλανκώπις...

Last edited:

Godmy

A Monkey
For it is worth, I liked the original more, as I listened to it just now :) (although maybe it sounded to me as it did, since I was already familiar with the cover version of the song... who knows :p I never try to cheapen the power of cover versions, especially if done after decades since the original was released)

^When it comes to the Greek, no idea, but I think the Latin should work ;)

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
You do realise that's pretty much what was said about the music of the '60s at the time by the old folks? Only with slightly different wording.