What are you listening to? (music)

Godmy

A Monkey
I can't never forget witnessing this live in a Gothic church on the 31st of October (2016) which in the Czech Republic is like a "day of remembering the dead in a piety", we call it "dušičky" (=little souls) - remembering usually by lighting a candle at home or going to the graveyeard to put some flowers on the grave of your loved ones.

I brought printed lyrics of the whole requiem in 3 copies to the concert, I handed out two of them to some nice old ladies sitting next to me. They were really glad, though I suppose they understood zero Latin (or it seemed so) - I wouldn't include a translation of course (why :p ).

Adrian

Civis Illustris
I can't never forget witnessing this live in a Gothic church on the 31st of October (2016).
I envy you, it must have been a breathtaking experience.
I was once in a philharmonia concerto of Verdi's Messa Da Requiem .
The moment they hit the Dies Irae sequence... ut eleganter definivit Virgilius "Stant comae arrectae horrore"

Last edited:

Tironis

Civis Illustris

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member

Godmy

A Monkey
I love this one! Much more than the Carl Orf's version :)

I envy you, it must have been a breathtaking experience.
I was once in a philharmonia concerto of Verdi's Messa Da Requiem .
The moment they hit the Dies Irae sequence... ut eleganter definivit Virgilius "Stant comae arrectae horrore"
Verdi's Dies Irae is maybe the most memorable dies irae melody I know, the beginning at least :)

Well, exactly!

Tironis

Civis Illustris

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Well, it definitely looks like I've found another good band.

Tironis

Civis Illustris
Not a bad little band either. ;)

Tironis

Civis Illustris