What are you listening to? (music)

Tironis

Civis Illustris

A dompe possibly originating from the Irish word 'dump' (lament) might also be referred to as a dance. Not 100% yet. Lovely performance though.
Sounds to me more like a stately court dance of that period. Yes, lovely performance.

Sounds to me more like a stately court dance of that period. Yes, lovely performance.
Yes. It's interesting to think how much music was under the influence of movement in the renaissance and baroque periods and that all these suites comprising of chaconnes, sarabandes, gigues, passacaglias, etc, each one had a specific dance for a certain occasion. All gone now but not lost I suppose.

By the way, that quartet you linked are superb, had them on last night while I was web browsing.

Have you ever seen baroque dance notation, @Tironis (?). You can follow the harmonic patters of the musical meter, especially the ornamentations like trills, normally (I think) reflected in hand and feet flourishes.

I'll link one in case you haven't.

Tironis

Civis Illustris
No, not familiar with that. But what a lovely plate - not a million miles from modern choreography notation!

Tironis

Civis Illustris

Adrian

Civis Illustris

Hemo Rusticus

Lounge Lizard

Adrian

Civis Illustris

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú
I just finished Thundercat's godlike sounding album It Is What It Is. I'm speechless with how much he can express without words.

Adrian

Civis Illustris

Chaps with an ear toward the abstract, experimental, progressive and psychedelic genres of the 60s/70s, I bear a gift. From Swedish rock to Nigerian jazz, this lad's channel is a treasure trove of rarities. Subscribe.

PicsArt_07-03-11.49.40.png

Adrian

Civis Illustris