What are you listening to? (music)

Adrian

Civis Illustris
cacophony - satanophony! :hiding:
the funny-looking guy with ukulele sure looked possessed:devilsmile:
The lady with the straight flute could easily work as a Bangladeshi snake charmress.

Last edited:

Adrian

Civis Illustris

Tironis

Civis Illustris

Strange to say I actually like this - how perverse can one be? :no-clue:

The late and great Alfred Deller, though my neighbours might think otherwise. Glorious morning, guys.

Edit:

Shall I come, sweet Love, to thee
When the evening beams are set?
Shall I not excluded be,
Will you find no feigned let?
Let me not, for pity, more
Tell the long hours at your door.
Who can tell what thief or foe,
In the covert of the night,
For his prey will work my woe,
Or through wicked foul despite?
So may I die unredressed
Ere my long love be possesed.
But to let such dangers pass,
Which a lover’s thoughts disdain,
’Tis enough in such a place
To attend love’s joys in vain:
Do not mock me in thy bed,
While these cold nights freeze me dead.

There exists a fine line betwixt love and obsession. If you find yourself outside a lover's door without answer then you've likely crossed it. Stalkers take heed.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Mendelssohn, Lieder Ohne Woerte, Op. 62: No. 1 in G Major, Andante espressivo, MWV U185

Hemo Rusticus

Lounge Lizard

Hemo Rusticus

Lounge Lizard
I don't really seek out sax players 'cause there're too damn many, but this was playing on a local jazz station & I dug it.

Adrian

Civis Illustris

Tironis

Civis Illustris

Tironis

Civis Illustris

Adrian

Civis Illustris
@Tironis , Marlene Dietrich, what a nice surprise. You are full of surprises mein Freund.

Et maintenant, écoutons de la musique française vintage...

Tironis

Civis Illustris
@Adrian, Compare and contrast. But I think we might agree that it's Piaf 1 : Dietrich 0, amice.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
@Adrian, Compare and contrast. But I think we might agree that it's Piaf 1 : Dietrich 0, amice.
Let us agree that both of them were talented singeresses:)

Let us not forget about the La Divina

Tironis

Civis Illustris

Callas at her most dramatic - sometimes at the expense of beauty of tone. She was a great actress as well.

Adrian

Civis Illustris

Callas at her most dramatic - sometimes at the expense of beauty of tone. She was a great actress as well.
And yet many people remeber her through prism of her romance with Onasis.:(

Tironis

Civis Illustris
And yet many people remeber her through prism of her romance with Onasis.:(
She had hoped he'd marry her - and was devastated when he married Jackie Kennedy instead.

I admire Nina Simone for her activism - but unfortunately her voice just doesn't appeal to me.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
She had hoped he'd marry her - and was devastated when he married Jackie Kennedy instead.
Indeed, I watched a biographical documentary on Onasis. He treated her instrumentally. Poor woman:(

I admire Nina Simone for her activism - but unfortunately her voice just doesn't appeal to me.
It all depends if you like Soul. Nina Simone didn't have such wide vocal range as previously mentioned singeresses (nevertheless her contralto was impressive).
Tironis, you don't like Simone's voice per se, or just the low-tone soul type (Macy Gray, Alicia Keys, Shakira, Lauren Hill, Amy Winehouse)?

Amy Winehouse - imho one of the best English Soul and R&B singeresses of all time...