What are you listening to? (music)

Tironis

Civis Illustris
Tbh I don't like Simone's voice per se or her musical style. As for the others you mention - don't like them either. I'm afraid I'm very narrow-minded where music is concerned. My loss, obviously.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Tbh I don't like Simone's voice per se or her musical style. As for the others you mention - don't like them either. I'm afraid I'm very narrow-minded where music is concerned. My loss, obviously.
De gustibus non est disputandum... or so they say.
Just because you don't like the above mentioned singeresses doesn't mean you don't have a soul:D

Tironis

Civis Illustris

Tironis

Civis Illustris

Tironis

Civis Illustris
Julian Bream, CBE (15 July 1933 – 14 August 2020) RIP

Tironis

Civis Illustris
The passage starting at 2:30 has often been referred to as a musical "nervous breakdown". Actually the whole Sonata is one of the most astonishing pieces of music ever written - keys all over the place, foreshadowing Schumann and even late 19th/early 20th century composers.

Last edited:
The passage starting at 2:30 has often been referred to as a musical "nervous breakdown". Actually the whole Sonata is one of the most astonishing pieces of music ever written - keys all over the place, foreshadowing Schumann and and even late 19th/early 20th century composers.
Indeed. From 3.08 to 4.04 things get rather musically frantic. Never heard it before or much of Schubert for that matter other than his well-known serenade and maybe a couple more pieces.

Have you heard Shostakovich's String Q. 8? I have mentioned it on here before but can't recall if it was you or someone else I spoke to about it.

Tironis

Civis Illustris
Indeed. From 3.08 to 4.04 things get rather musically frantic. Never heard it before or much of Schubert for that matter other than his well-known serenade and maybe a couple more pieces.

Have you heard Shostakovich's String Q. 8? I have mentioned it on here before but can't recall if it was you or someone else I spoke to about it.
Have only listened to his String Q. 1-4 so far. Here's Schubert's complete sonata in A major played by Pollini. Unfortunately my favourite recording of this sonata by Paul Lewis is not on YouTube - but Pollini is superb.

Tironis

Civis Illustris