grammaticissima
Staff member

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member

Watched this a few nights ago. The second hour was interesting to say the least, by the end of it I was left feeling perhaps there's been a miscarriage of justice.

This youtuber is on a par with Jim Can't Swim, imo.

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
I watch so few moving images, compared to the average poster, that I can't remember contributing to this thread (though Pacifica will probably remind me if I have), and now I seem to have killed it.

In this one, I'd be curious to know what @Terry S. makes of Damien's accent at around the 38-minute mark. Or anyone else, of course.

Last edited:
This week's University Challenge saw Warwick taking on Oxford. The former walloped them which was pleasing. Warwick have a good mix of knowledge between the four of them, hoping they can progress a lot further.

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
Oh good, I haven't killed the thread. Though I did think you might have at least launched into a fiery denunciation of BBC bias in my videos, what with depicting multicoloured paramedics saving the lives of drunk native Brit brexiteers. Pure propaganda.

Last edited:
Oh good, I haven't killed the thread. Though I did think you might have at least launched into a fiery denunciation of BBC bias in my videos, what with depicting multicoloured paramedics saving the lives of drunk native Brit brexiteers. Pure propaganda.
You overthink too much. Just post clips, some will get a response on here, others won't, it's as simple as that.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I know that one. It's funny.

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
I hadn't seen it before, but at least I now know the French for monkey. That'll come in handy some day: Non, je ne voudrais pas une photo avec votre singe!

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
I'm just after finding it. It makes you wonder...

Tironis

Civis Illustris
Fassbinder's Berlin Alexanderplatz - not exactly a laugh a minute.

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
Fassbinder's Berlin Alexanderplatz - not exactly a laugh a minute.
I'll put it on my "to watch" list.

I'm watching The Pianist this evening. Haven't seen it before. It really is heart-breaking stuff. It's not the big stuff like shootings and killings that get me, but the "small" things like the woman crying when the starving man knocks over her pot of soup and then eats it off the ground: his desperation, her despair.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member